soooo close..........

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
exciting hunt yesterday............had one at 30 yards.............could not see him (VERY thick), but heard him makin' a scrape, and then urinating in it...........grunted, and he started comin' but stopped at 20 yards.........still way to thick to shoot...........didn't dare grunt again, as he would have busted me in the tree..........went back the way he came, but never knew I was there...........about 20 inches, good mass........maybe this afternoon!!...........killed 6 1/2 and 4 1/2 year old does on Monday...........life is good!!...........Crimson Talon broadheads rock!!! :clap: :clap:

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Sounds like a real "close encounter" there bro - Heck, as thick of places as you hunt, you ought to just use a spear :)

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
Tom..........

tell ole Mark it was about 100 yards from the tree I put him in last year..........when I walked out, before I got to the road I counted 25 fresh scrapes, most of them clustered near the stand........so much sign everywhere, it's gonna be tough gettin in there without him smellin' me..............and no, I didn't pee in his scrapes..........I'd kinda like to see him again.LOL ;) :D :D ................looked like a 5 1/2 year old.

Jeff Phillips

CD - That will keep the hunting fire lit! Hope you get him :clap:

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
thanks, bud!!............

me too!LOL.........it's killin' me to be here right now...............saw him at 7:05 yesterday morning................killed the does on Monday at 7:30am and noon. :)

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Go back and get him Coon D. He is waiting on you to show right now! Congrats on the does.

Jim