Soque river fishing at blackhawk

doomtrpr_z71

My lovely wife decided since I don't get to fish nearly as often as in the past that I deserved a trip and won a blackhawk gift certificate in a silent auction. What should I expect, trout fat on pellet feed that are put in the morning before or is it a little better than upland bird hunts on plantations?

pjciii

i think you will have a very enjoyable time. just because they are pellet pigs does not mean they are stupid.
patrick

TurkeyH90

Fished BH several times. I enjoyed it. Some serious pigs in there. My buddies wife caught a monstrous brown. 26" I think. I've caught quite a few rainbows in the 10 lb range and my dad caught one they guessed at around 13 lbs. They are FAT triploids. Fun. It's not wild fish on the Madison but I enjoyed it. Take at least a 6 wt.

doomtrpr_z71

Good deal, my last flyfishing trip was to Sisters Oregon and I came away unimpressed and a friend of mine fished blackhawk and the pictures made it look pretty fake.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
I've had the benefit of fishing private, non-commercial stretches of the Soque within a few miles from Blackhawk. These fish don't respect private property lines and go where they please. The fish we caught were beautiful, well-conditioned fish that weren't idiots. These fish aren't the watery equivalent to boot and shoot quail.