Sorry I've been AWOL, last few nights

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Saturday, waiting for the snow, I smoked some country-style ribs and chicken drummettes.

cs-ribs.jpg
Spent most of my "long holiday weekend" driving a snowplow at work. Left here before daylight Sunday, and came back at lunchtime Monday, was about wiped out from working that whole time. YHFP had this waiting for me when I pulled up:

breakfast4.jpg

Ate that and passed out on the couch for a few hours. Got up for Monday night burgers:

burger2.jpg
Got up at 5:30, back at it, and came home last night to YHFP's fried pork chops and stuff:

chops.jpg

Hornet22

ROMEO
Bubba, feel sorry for ya. At my age they ain a whole lot of "FIRSTS" ya get to do. Got a email from the owner Monday said don't come in till 10:30. Are you kiddin me. A ice storm hits and you start getting ready 3 days before it hits. Could not stand it, clocked in at 7:30 an helped them boys in the warehouse. A whole bunch of folks don't realize how many peoples gotta go in to work wen the weather get shinty:cheers:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Bubba, feel sorry for ya. At my age they ain a whole lot of "FIRSTS" ya get to do. Got a email from the owner Monday said don't come in till 10:30. Are you kiddin me. A ice storm hits and you start getting ready 3 days before it hits. Could not stand it, clocked in at 7:30 an helped them boys in the warehouse. A whole bunch of folks don't realize how many peoples gotta go in to work wen the weather get shinty:cheers:
I know exactly what you're talking about. Been doing it for 25 years. Not climbing poles, but on the roads. 5 more years, and I'm done with it. Gonna sit by the fire and let those chaps I trained take care of it. There's still just enough cowboy in me that kind of enjoys it just a bit while I'm griping about it, though. I bet you know exactly what I'm talking about. :cheers:

Hoss

Without you showing off the food you been eating, I was a little concerned you might be starving to death. Good to see that wasn’t the case. Looks like the oppposite might have been the case, you may have added a pound or so.

Hang in there, those 5 years will go by fast. Retirement IS all it’s cracked up to be.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Monday night burger night happened so all is right with the world.:bounce::rockon:

Tight Lines

Saturday, waiting for the snow, I smoked some country-style ribs and chicken drummettes.

View attachment 1130038
Spent most of my "long holiday weekend" driving a snowplow at work. Left here before daylight Sunday, and came back at lunchtime Monday, was about wiped out from working that whole time. YHFP had this waiting for me when I pulled up:

View attachment 1130037

Ate that and passed out on the couch for a few hours. Got up for Monday night burgers:

View attachment 1130039
Got up at 5:30, back at it, and came home last night to YHFP's fried pork chops and stuff:

View attachment 1130040
Man that looks awesome!