South Georgia Dove Club 20/21

Turkeytider

At these huge field shoots, location is absolutely everything IMO. There can be birds galore in one part of the field and next to nothing ( if that ) in another part. Sort of the luck of the draw, I guess. Have to be where they want to be, or in the flightline they use to get to where they want to be.

SC Hunter

The birds were there yesterday for sure. Right where Ray said for everybody to get is where they were. Idk how many birds fell yesterday but there was a pile of them.

Turkeytider

The birds were there yesterday for sure. Right where Ray said for everybody to get is where they were. Idk how many birds fell yesterday but there was a pile of them.

Yep, I seem to always do one of two things. Either miss the best shoots altogether or end up in the wrong part of the field!

SC Hunter

Yep, I seem to always do one of two things. Either miss the best shoots altogether or end up in the wrong part of the field!
Which happened yesterday? As soon as I pull up to the field I start studying where I want to go. We need to meet up at a shoot one day and put a face with a name.

Turkeytider

Which happened yesterday? As soon as I pull up to the field I start studying where I want to go. We need to meet up at a shoot one day and put a face with a name.

You bet! As far as this past weekend was concerned, I didn`t hunt. It`s a long drive from the Savannah area so I can`t make every weekend.

SC Hunter

You bet! As far as this past weekend was concerned, I didn`t hunt. It`s a long drive from the Savannah area so I can`t make every weekend.
That is a hike for sure! I live in Schley County so it's fairly local for me within an hour drive or so. Its easier to join a dove club than it is to plant a field like we used to do. 2 or 3 decent size fields gets expensive between a few friends. I'd rather just show up and shoot birds.

Turkeytider

That is a hike for sure! I live in Schley County so it's fairly local for me within an hour drive or so. Its easier to join a dove club than it is to plant a field like we used to do. 2 or 3 decent size fields gets expensive between a few friends. I'd rather just show up and shoot birds.

We just don`t have the row crops over in this part of the state to attract and hold birds. Thank the Lord I don`t have to travel so far to hunt turkeys!

Raybo1

Well it's that time again. We are taking new members for the 2021-22 season. If you have any questions give Ray a call 706 587-0481