Souther GA Bass Fishing

Sumter

Hey guys, y’all have proven to be extremely helpful so was hoping y’all could help me out one more time.

I’ve got an older friend that doesn’t get out to fish much anymore but I’ve got him interested in a fishing trip for a long weekend soon, likely between mid March and early April. Preferably somewhere in South Georgia but could be open to upper Florida if it would really be worth it.

Everybody loves catching a big bass, but with him not getting out much I would like to go somewhere he has a good chance at catching numbers. I have a 16’ jon boat so can be versatile on water types.

I have done some research and have seen Ft Stewart has ponds open to the public and then some WMA down by Valdosta. If anybody has some suggestions, please feel free to PM. I can tell you I am tight lipped, and neither of us live within 4 hours of there. Will likely be a one time trip - hope to make it annual but change locations every year.

Greatly appreciate any input!

BoosterC

You might consider Tired Creek near Cairo , GA. Paradise PFA gets beat to death but has lots of lakes. If you go to Ft Stewart, the EVans County PFA is just outside the NW boundary.

diamondback

Paradise is tough fishing. Tired creek was good but had a fish kill late last year and fishing doesn’t seem too good yet but may pick up as the water warms. Seminole is good but is a big place to figure out in a weekend. In north Florida I would say wacissa river at goose pasture landing is a good trip. Even if bass aren’t cooperating it’s worth it for the scenery. Lakes iamonia and miccasuckee and decent grass and pad filled lakes

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seminole at the Florida line is good if someone can give you a tip about where to go in the lake. Specks are biting but most fish are deep now out in the big lake. Nothing much going on in the lakes with carp gates at both ends. I've caught some good bass out in front of Spooner field this time of year, in water about 20 feet deep. Catfish in 15 to 22 feet out near the channels.

doomtrpr_z71

I'd go to Rutland farms and get the best of both worlds, you'll catch way more fish at Rutland and have a good chance at catching a big one.