Southern IN... Live From the Tree!!!

Gut_Pile

Good luck Jimbo and Bubba. Can't wait to see what yall do in the AM.

ultramag

Good luck Jim...I hope you have a great hunt...It should be nice and cool on Saturday..calling for 38 degrees here in Kansas:cool:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Just hit kentucky...couple more hours!

picked up a fine cup of coffe...nectar of the gods:clap:

BornToHuntAndFish

Go get 'em, guys. We'll be pulling for you & checking in continuously for all the updates we have a blast with. Hope ya'll get some great midwest wallhangers as good as what "Golightly" just got (or even better) in bagging the infamous "Tips" GA bow buck with a PY score of 168 posted in the forum Bowhunting section the thread Jaymax recently loaded with 3 pics. JT hope you can keep Bubbabuck awake while driving, maybe with plenty of that godly nectar.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Congrats to golightly!!!

Oh bubba needed a lil midnight pickme up...so this was all he could come up with! :bounce: he prolly won't sleep all weekend now!

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-2.jpg

T_Fish

good luck JT , watch out for the blue lights, they can smell Krispy Kremes for miles

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Just rolled in @ the cabin and as usual the midwest comes through...didn't see a single deer all the way up till we get into the tiny town of new haven which is where we stay...saw a group of nine:D.

Oh yeah as usual the wind is howling and its pouring rain!

See yall in the AM. Be patient cause we are goin in blind and it may take a while to get set up

Nite folks

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Ahhhhhhh 2 sweet hours of sleep:bounce:

Trailer is unhooked and unloaded and we are headed acroos the river. Will slip in at daylight with a couple of climbers looking for a good spot for a mornin hunt.

Then at lunch we got a date with a nasty pile of stands and sticks!

Yall be careful if in the woods this morn. Ill check in after we get settled.

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-3.jpg

miller

Good luck fellas, don't fall asleep in the stand!

XJfire75

Good luck guys! Hope y'all get on a couple of brutes right outta the gate.

Take lots of pics...well just take about as many as you normally do haha.

Allen Waters

Jim, got a buddy on Illinois side of river just south of you guys. He's in Pope, and Johnson counties. Talked yesterday, and he said the deer were moving good, had a decent 8 pointer at 30 yards yesterday morning and multiple doe sightings. Good luck to ya'll!!!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Well here we are...back on stand!!!!

On the way in I jumped a doe and we had a stare down. When she finally jumped off I catch movement behind her. Nice tall and heavy but narrow 8. First impression was mid 130" buck. But he was trotting away and they always look bigger then.

We are settled in and have everything ranged.

I am sitting about 100 yards off a bean field with a lil ditch 20 yards in front of me that has a pretty good number of tracks in it. Its in the low 50's and sunny with about a 10mph wind that is swirling between north and NW. As usual huge red squirrels are all over me!

Bubba is about 300 yards to my left in the same tree line around a lil bend.

Maybe get a map up later.

Yang hang on and we will stick it out till lunch and then get some stands hung

Later folks

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Best of luck to both of you, JT!!