Sox

southernclay

Just saw the Sox beat the Yanks. On to game 7. Schilling said after the game that he became a Christian seven years ago and that his pitching tonight was God's work. Loved hearing that so, Go Sox. :clap:

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
I went to bed in the 6th, but it seemed apparent that they were going to take that game - I'd love to see them make the come-back of the century and take the championship from those Yankees. Glad to hear Schilling's comments as well...

duckbill

I was proud of Schillings comments. Now I have two reasons to root for the Sox. The other being "anybody but the Yanks" :shoot: .

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Anyone remember ever seeing two big ump calls reversed the way those were last night?!?!

Yea, they got them both right. My only question is, how did they get them so wrong to begin with? :confused:

On the homerun, there is an ump assigned soley for the purpose of watching the ball and he couldn't see that bright white ball against the fans black jacket?!?! ::huh:

Brings to mind the old traditional phrase, "What's a matter UMP?!?!? You BLIND?!?!?!?".

:whip: :bounce:

Michael Lee

Schilling pitched with all heart last night, was a great game.

As far as ARod:

"Cheater - To violate rules deliberately, as in a game."

He is a great player, but I have no respect for him.

ML

BANDERSNATCH

Awesome game! couldn't pull myself away from the TV to go to bed!

I agree! "Anybody but the Yanks!" LOL

Can't stand to look at their fans!!!! LOL

Did anyone see the excerpt from the commercial that Schilling was in where he was learning to speak 'bostonian'? LOL Where do yankees learn to make 'r' sounds silent???????????? What's up with that? ::huh:

Bandy

SlipperyHill Mo

Loved the Game!

Anytime the Yankees lose it is a good thing.

Hope they win tonight and beat the berst team money can buy!

Pulling for the Astros even though I like the Cards OK. Want the underdog to win.

Red Sox - Astros World Series!

Who would have thought?

leadoff

GONetwork Member
What was the deal with A-Rod? I didn't get a chance to see the game last night. Glad the Sox won, though. If the Sox come back from 0-3 to eliminate the Yanks, then I believe the curse is definitely MEANT to be broken this year!

southernclay

AROD knocked the ball out of the guys glove when he was tagging him on his way to first. Ump called him safe but they reversed the call. Terrible thing to see.

Michael Lee

AROD, intentionally slapped the ball out of the glove. Not just running into the tag, but jabbed the ball out on purpose and then wanted to argue.

I thought the umpire crew did the right thing by meeting up on questionable calls or even bad calls and getting them right. My hats off to them. Well done.

Joe Torre is a CLASS ACT by the way.

ML

reylamb

Anytime there was a tag play I always attempted to get to the bag, whatever it took. I have been known to attempt to deliberately nock the ball out of a glove on more than one occassion. That is baseball, so be it.

The best team money can buy? I suppose the Sox, with the 2nd highest salary in baseball, and only 2 Sox farm hands on the starting roster, are a poor team? Ditto that with the Stros and Cards also. Sounds like jealousy from the Braves fans whose current ownership is budget conscience. Where was the poor mouthing of the Braves when they had one of the highest payrolls in baseball, you know, back when Teddy owned the team?

As far as fans go. There are only 2 groupos of fans more knowledgeable about the game than Yankee fans, Cubs and Cardinal fans. The Sox fans are rivaled only by the Phillies fans for being the biggest jerks in baseball.

The Yankees do not deserve to win the WS, and with the horrible bullpen, they will not.

As I asked on another thread yesterday, why not the Sox? At some point, someone will come from 3 games down and win a series, I believe this is the team to do it. If so, don't be in Boston, they may destroy that town if they win tonight.

reylamb

It is also against the rules to intentionally bean a batter. Pedro does it almost every game. It is technically against the rules to go out of your way to take out a baseman turning a double play, but it happens every game. The umps got the call right and called Arod out, they did their job, they enforced the rules. Although it will not be publicized, I would guess that Arod will be fined for it also.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Jeffrey,

I used to plow into the catcher, or any player gaurding a bag with the ball. That is a lot different than slapping or punching at the player's hands.

ML, You are right on about Mr. Torre! I can't believe he didn't get tossed last night.

My biggest problem with the BoSox is the way a few of the players wear the uniform. What's up with Manny? He looks like a slob. Of course it shows in his play. He does not seem to have a high gear.

broadhead

My biggest problem with the BoSox is the way a few of the players wear the uniform.
I kinda like the "rough and tumble" underdog look of the Red Sox. Something about it fits the team; just like the clean cut and clean shaven image fits the Yankees.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I think having Charles Manson on steroids in the leadoff spot makes them look pretty "rough and tumble" by itself!

:speechles

reylamb

My personal favorite is Pedro. He actually had his pants tailored so they would hook over his rear spike.

Outside of Manny the Sox have ballplayers, guys that I would love to have on any team, well with the other exception of Johnny Damon.

leadoff

GONetwork Member
If you really want to get right down to it, both the Yanks and the Sox (along with every other AL team) are cheaters and are breaking the rules!

Very first line from the rule book:

"Baseball is a game between two teams of nine players each, under direction of a manager, played on an enclosed field in accordance with these rules, under jurisdiction of one or more umpires."

The DH makes that number 10! ::huh: ;) :)