Spaghetti sauce

We eat a good bit of Italian here. I do most of the cooking and I like to use Classico Traditional as a base. Then I'll add a can of diced tomatoes, some mushrooms and often a pound of browned, drained chopmeat.

I will use beef, venison or ground pork, without consideration. They all taste great. The meat gets browned with mixed Italian spices added, along with chopped garlic and drained. If I'm using onion, I brown it separately and then add to the meat and sauce.

Hot pepper flakes typically also added in this house. This "recipe" makes a nice thick sauce and that's how we most enjoy it. To thin it, add water a bit at a time (or the reserved liquid from your can of mushrooms). If you want thicker, add tomato paste.

But as listed, it's typically just right.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
We eat a good bit of Italian here. I do most of the cooking and I like to use Classico Traditional as a base. Then I'll add a can of diced tomatoes, some mushrooms and often a pound of browned, drained chopmeat.

I will use beef, venison or ground pork, without consideration. They all taste great. The meat gets browned with mixed Italian spices added, along with chopped garlic and drained. If I'm using onion, I brown it separately and then add to the meat and sauce.

Hot pepper flakes typically also added in this house. This "recipe" makes a nice thick sauce and that's how we most enjoy it. To thin it, add water a bit at a time (or the reserved liquid from your can of mushrooms). If you want thicker, add tomato paste.

But as listed, it's typically just right.
Try ground turkey! I wouldn't steer you wrong!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My wife makes a really good one. I don't know the exact recipe, probably like most of my stuff, there isn't one. But she starts out browning a bunch of ground deer meat or beef and Italian sausage, then adds mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, garlic, seasonings, canned crushed tomatos and such, dumps it in a crock pot and lets it simmer about all day. She usually makes up a big bunch at once and freezes the excess.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
My wife makes a really good one. I don't know the exact recipe, probably like most of my stuff, there isn't one. But she starts out browning a bunch of ground deer meat or beef and Italian sausage, then adds mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, garlic, seasonings, canned crushed tomatos and such, dumps it in a crock pot and lets it simmer about all day. She usually makes up a big bunch at once and freezes the excess.
Sounds real close to mine.

Swamprat

Swamprat
I just buy a jar of Ragu and add chopped up mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, garlic and once in a while yellow squash or zucchini.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Whatever you do, bake your sauce in the oven instead of boiling it in a pot. Trust me on this.