Speaking of petitions...

chrislibby88

They actually band together and put their money where their mouth is. They have clubs that sponser works days on their trails and they put heat on the FS. Hunters as whole do not. We only have license sales to lean on. Then consider all the ‘different types’ of hunters. None agree with one another; and there is likely to be a fist fight if we were all unsupervised in the same room. I tell all my buddies who knock another’s hunting style that we’re all out here for the same experience, some just go about it a little differently.. They aren’t wrong.. Until we learn to stick together, we’ll keep getting walked all over.

If there is a group for GA hunters or NF hunters who put $$ back into the land or sponser work days where we can plant FPS, do road work, etc., please enlighten me.
Man if only we knew a few north Ga guys that were retired and had enough time to organize such a group....

chrislibby88

Yeah I've never had a bad encounter with a fellow Mountain hunter ?‍♂️
There’s a lot of folks that hunt the mountains that live down south, myself included. I come up to the mountains so I don’t have to run into other hunters.

twincedargap

Why not close them and let everyone foot travel only because all them cars are hurting the
trees and scary all the animals and in afew months we can bargain some timber cutting Hunter foot most of money and get very little for it
Double like. And not to mention all the trash and Jeeper damage to properties that would be avoided.

ddd-shooter

Spent sunday out. Put a mattock in the bed and a saw as well.

Probably doubled the amount of maintenance on these old roads the past two years, lol
Always keep a empty trash bag in the bed as well. Only so much I can do on my way to other activities though.

Cannot stand the attitude that we should just close all the roads and walk. I know many older hunters who would never have any opportunity if it was roadless. Just because I can walk two miles in, doesn’t mean everyone can or should. Sometimes I only hunt two hundred yards from a road, and see tons of game. Besides, there’s plenty of wilderness in Georgia, go there if you wanna hike.

Spent sunday out. Put a mattock in the bed and a saw as well.

Probably doubled the amount of maintenance on these old roads the past two years, lol
Always keep a empty trash bag in the bed as well. Only so much I can do on my way to other activities though.

Cannot stand the attitude that we should just close all the roads and walk. I know many older hunters who would never have any opportunity if it was roadless. Just because I can walk two miles in, doesn’t mean everyone can or should. Sometimes I only hunt two hundred yards from a road, and see tons of game. Besides, there’s plenty of wilderness in Georgia, go there if you wanna hike.
Was making kinda a joke about shutting the roads Because the goverment will spend there last dime fixing the roads for others when there is thousands of dollars standing But the people riding around them all year dont like looking at cut trees not thinking about benefits of jobs and money for roads for the folks who leave here all year but I sure do thank you for what you do to the roads