*Special Request*

Cletus T.

Good morning GON Family…….I have a special request. Does anybody save their old GON’s?

I use to save every single one of them but we moved a couple years ago and I had a huge trunk that was filled with them thrown out by mistake.

I use to do a little free-lance writing too and I’ve been fortunate enough to have a couple articles printed in GON and I’m looking for the one entitled “THE ALMIGHTY FLUKE” It was probably 5-6 years ago and it was a spring time issue but I can’t remember the exact Month?

Anyway – if anybody still has that copy could I buy it from you and you send it in the mail to me please?

Thank you & have a good day.

Stay Bassy My Friends

Cletus

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Very possible I have it in a box in the basement. May be a couple days before I can get around to it. If I happen to run across it, it's yours for free.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I'll ask hubby to look. I know he sent a bunch of them to the US servicemen in the Middle East.

Cletus T.

Very possible I have it in a box in the basement. May be a couple days before I can get around to it. If I happen to run across it, it's yours for free.

Thank you Mr. Pate

You’re a real nice guy!

No hurry

Lindseys Grandpa

I probably got it . Finding it a different thing but will work on it . I go back and read the fishing reports for different times to see what i may learn.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’m sure someone will come through for u , unfortunately I save mine for the year and then trash them and start another stack on my side table

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Sorry, I can't help you but glad to see you're still around. I've missed your post.

Cletus T.

Sorry, I can't help you but glad to see you're still around. I've missed your post.

Oh yeah man……I’m still around. You know how it is……life gets busy at times and while I don’t post as much on here as I use to I’m always checking in and lurking. Not a creepy lurk though.

I tore my Achilles tendon back before Christmas playing basketball and had to have surgery (1/8/20) and now I’m in the rehab process but this whole ordeal has sucked!!!! Sucked real bad!!! BUT…..I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I’ll be back fishing real soon!

EdF

Good morning GON Family…….I have a special request. Does anybody save their old GON’s?

I use to save every single one of them but we moved a couple years ago and I had a huge trunk that was filled with them thrown out by mistake.

I use to do a little free-lance writing too and I’ve been fortunate enough to have a couple articles printed in GON and I’m looking for the one entitled “THE ALMIGHTY FLUKE” It was probably 5-6 years ago and it was a spring time issue but I can’t remember the exact Month?

Anyway – if anybody still has that copy could I buy it from you and you send it in the mail to me please?

Thank you & have a good day.

Stay Bassy My Friends

Cletus
Have you contacted GON? When I moved to Lake Oconee many years ago, I went to their office and bought back issues of several older GON with Lake Oconee articles. It was less expensive to buy the magazine than a reprint. Ed

ryork

Can't help with the magazine, I saved a ton of them back in the day but they've gone missing over the years.

I completely ruptured my left Achilles back in 2013. And had a lis-frank (sp?) dislocation of the same foot at the same time. I'm guessing you're about the same age as when I did mine more or less, and yes that is a tough injury on anybody but more so as you being to age a little......... I literally thought I wouldn't ever walk normally again, but with time it got better and then eventually more or less back to normal! Took a good nine months before I got to a point I could walk up and down stairs in particular and not think about it. I gave up trying to do what I did 20 yrs ago after that one, my exercise now consists of walking, fishing, and gardening! Nothing that requires "explosive" movements and I use that term in jest..................

Cletus T.

Spring fling posts are probably coming soon! Cant wait.

Ahhhhh yes……it’s getting close.

We moved the dates out a little later this year due to my injury as we normally go somewhere in March but we’re going in Mid-April this year. I hope I’m walking “somewhat” normal by then.

Cletus T.

Can't help with the magazine, I saved a ton of them back in the day but they've gone missing over the years.

I completely ruptured my left Achilles back in 2013. And had a lis-frank (sp?) dislocation of the same foot at the same time. I'm guessing you're about the same age as when I did mine more or less, and yes that is a tough injury on anybody but more so as you being to age a little......... I literally thought I wouldn't ever walk normally again, but with time it got better and then eventually more or less back to normal! Took a good nine months before I got to a point I could walk up and down stairs in particular and not think about it. I gave up trying to do what I did 20 yrs ago after that one, my exercise now consists of walking, fishing, and gardening! Nothing that requires "explosive" movements and I use that term in jest..................

Thanks man for sharing your story here. I’m slowly but surely getting back. I’ve started Physical Therapy and that’s helping. It’s hard and I sweat a lot but I’m doing everything I can to get back to my normal lifestyle.

Fishing is going to be good therapy for it too. Fishing cures all kinds of aliments!