Speer Hot Core Bullets

SWAMPFOX

I was browsing in an older Mom & Pop hardware store today with a small gun department and came across a 100 ct. box of 130 gr. Speer Hot Core bullets in .284 cal. I not smart about Hot Core bullets but was wondering how they might be for middle Georgia whitetails. I'm thinking to load them up with about 41 grains of IMR4064 for my grandson's 7mm-08 Ruger Compact rifle.
Thoughts?
Thanks.

rosewood

I was browsing in an older Mom & Pop hardware store today with a small gun department and came across a 100 ct. box of 130 gr. Speer Hot Core bullets in .284 cal. I not smart about Hot Core bullets but was wondering how they might be for middle Georgia whitetails. I'm thinking to load them up with about 41 grains of IMR4064 for my grandson's 7mm-08 Ruger Compact rifle.
Thoughts?
Thanks.
Will kill them dead. They make them by pouring molten lead into the cup. Supposedly makes the lead less likely to separate from the jacket.

Rosewood

Mauser

I load em in 180gr 35 rem,150gr 308,90gr 243 they shoot good to me, have never failed to recover a deer I’ve shot with em. I think that 7mm-08 would perfect for that bullet