Spinnerbaiting

pbradley

I have caught largemouth and spots on this war eagle spinnerbait in every lake or pond I have ever fished it.

The one on the left is brand new out of the package; the one on the right has been chewed on extensively.

20220717_173341.jpg

GA1dad

This kind of thread always makes me feel like an idiot. I for one, have only caught a handful of fish on a spinnerbait. It’s certainly not a go-to for me, just can never find a bite when I tie one on.
Me too. Maybe its because I give up too quick and switch to a worm. Or maybe its because I fish hydrilla-choked areas.

Not meaning to get off topic,,, but

I get it,,, that's how I feel about jigs. I've caught a couple of fish on them,,, but just can't find any confidence in them.

BigBass123

I'm cracking up at this, because I've got 2 buzzbaits sitting on that same issue right now.

I used to be that same way with buzzbaits then one day I just started catching fish with them.

No clue what I do differently now, but I went years without a buzzbait fish and they are now in my summertime lineup. Most of my luck on them has been in under 4’ of water over almost topped out grass. Also seems to be a very much last light in the heat of summer bait for me.

GA1dad

It's getting where you cant hardly find them.

You're sure right about that. I've got 3 or 4 and I make sure to re-tie often.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I love me a mini me just under the surface. Cast like a rocket and holds up good.
This^^^ brought me this!
5DA09E22-908B-4789-A807-AF19E11A4992.jpeg
my PB on Allatoona at 7# 15oz……..so close to being an 8lber! I watched her hit that 1/2oz mini me right out in front of the boat! It was all in slow motion too…..never forget it. I’ve fished with several brands of spinners and I like the small profile of the mini me in 1/2oz, but I almost never fish with one.

As far as those brush piles that are deep. Drop a spoon down there! You’d be amazed at what you can get away with even with a treble hook on the end of a lead weight…aka casting spoon!

TomC

Back around 2005 there was a store just on the south side of Watkinsville on HWY 15 headed towards Greensboro. They sold some locally made (not sure where he got them from) spinnerbaits. Better than any War Eagle, Strike King or any other I’ve ever used which is just about any spinnerbait made. Really light wire which I think is KEY, not that durable and had to work the fish and not muscle them in but Lordy the bass I caught on those spinnerbaits. Always picked up some chartreuse / white with Colorado blades on the way to Oconee. They were the PERFECT spinnerbait!

Papa Bear

H&H 3/8 oz spinner bait. Compact throws like a rocket and little double hook sticks um. Academy and BPS carry them. They are really cheap too!

across the river

Second question.....if they aren't biting the spinnerbait in the brushpiles in the summer, what else would you throw in there? Most of their food is shad or bream or crawfish.

Learn to fish a drop shot.

jocko755

The Manns Hank Parker Classic is a GREAT spinnerbait, thin wire gives a lot of vibration almost like a chatter bait - but they get mangled with any fish catch - you just have to put it back in shape.

I love War Eagle - they're the best. I don't use a trailer hook. I use a grub as a trailer.

Yeah - 12 months long - I can always catch them on a spinnerbait. And JIG!

Lucky Craft Redemption spinner baits 3/8 & 1/2 models and mix up blades and skirts. Fished with Skeet Reese as a BASS press angler and this is the best spinner bait by design. This spinner bait will not roll over as other brands. Hand painted and they are beautiful. Never look back.

Geffellz18

This kind of thread always makes me feel like an idiot. I for one, have only caught a handful of fish on a spinnerbait. It’s certainly not a go-to for me, just can never find a bite when I tie one on.

Don’t feel too bad, I cannot recall a time that I have ever caught a fish on a spinner bait!
But I rarely bass fish-so there’s that!
Have several and try them when I do bass fish-Just no takers.