Spoke too soon?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’ve bragged about having multiple cameras on public land, with no issues. Well, First camera came up missing the other day on Allatoona WMA. It was a relatively cheap wild game about 3 or 4 years old. I’ve gotten plenty of pics of hunters walking by and just waving(like I’ve done too). When I return to the spot of the CRIME, I’ll bring a note and leave it where the camera was STOLEN, simply asking for them to return it.
YEAH, I wanted to beat the pulp out of whoever took it. But I was raised to be full of love and forgiveness to all men, even THIEVES. It saddens me that so many are not raised with simple God given values. I have been and
I FORGIVE YOU.....With all my heart I forgive you.
I’ve been a little eaten up with anger since Friday afternoon when we didn’t find the camera and I needed to get rid of it......this my formal forgiveness and boy do I feel better already! And I’ll continue to keep cams out.

GOD BLESS ALL MY FELLOW HUNTERS AND OUTDOORSMAN! Be safe and good luck the rest of the way!

Tadder

There's always one that will take what aint theres. Sorry for your lose but at least it may have been on its last yr of life if it was that old. Don't have many my self that make it past 5yrs. Do have 1 old primos that still works but it loses time and date. Great pic's still.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That stinks , I’ve got a couple I leave out on public land and have never had one walk off but I also know if the right trash walks by they will disappear .

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
The camera wasn’t in the best shape for sure and as in most cases it’s more the crime than the dime that gets me

280 Man

Banned
I’ve bragged about having multiple cameras on public land, with no issues. Well, First camera came up missing the other day on Allatoona WMA. It was a relatively cheap wild game about 3 or 4 years old. I’ve gotten plenty of pics of hunters walking by and just waving(like I’ve done too). When I return to the spot of the CRIME, I’ll bring a note and leave it where the camera was STOLEN, simply asking for them to return it.
YEAH, I wanted to beat the pulp out of whoever took it. But I was raised to be full of love and forgiveness to all men, even THIEVES. It saddens me that so many are not raised with simple God given values. I have been and
I FORGIVE YOU.....With all my heart I forgive you.
I’ve been a little eaten up with anger since Friday afternoon when we didn’t find the camera and I needed to get rid of it......this my formal forgiveness and boy do I feel better already! And I’ll continue to keep cams out.

GOD BLESS ALL MY FELLOW HUNTERS AND OUTDOORSMAN! Be safe and good luck the rest of the way!

I know what you mean. It does chaff your rear end, or it does mine to start with. This past January I had a new Ladder stand stolen. It does make you mad to start with and I'm almost sure I know who stole it but without proof what can you do. No need for me to lose any sleep over it now. The thief will answer for it some day

oldways

There is a good many new faces on WMA this year and I hunted one this past weekend and they were having a regular party every night not really hunting just riding there buggy's and drinking most of the day it started around noon, so this doesn't surprise me one bit. Your a good man for doing the right thing I commend you for that. I hope you get your camera back but I doubt you will.

OleCountryBoy

If you leave anything on public land you are giving it away. Would you leave a Yeti cooler at the park and expect it to be there when you come back next week?

DSGB

Sorry to hear that. Some folks just can't help themselves.

whitter

BANNED
Security box and python cable is money well spent on public land, and another hidden camera to watch the one that was taken also works. Mounting high on trees like pines without low limbs ( stand on 4 wheeler) also works for those that are on foot. A small folding ladder (back pac) style will also work if no access with 4 wheeler. I also heard about one fellow who had a friend that worked in a bank who used that dye pack that they put in currency when they have a bank robbery. It pretty well painted the cam thief fright red. We even put an old non working cam along side an access road that was on a tree that was covered with poison ivy and used a python cable on it so the thief had to spend some time trying to get it off. It was all twisted out of shape but still there after a month of being there. Bet the calamine lotion industry got a boost in their stock after that.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If you leave anything on public land you are giving it away. Would you leave a Yeti cooler at the park and expect it to be there when you come back next week?
I run cams on both private land and public land. I have lost three cams over the years to theft. All of them were on my private land.

furtaker

I can't believe that out of all the cameras I run, I've never had one stolen. I usually keep them off the beaten path though. I don't put them over public food plots and feeders for the world to see.

Wifeshusband

Well, you're certainly living up to your forum moniker. I'm sorry for your loss but you've got more faith in mankind's goodness than I have to be putting up trail cams on public land. He broke your heart and one of the ten commandments at the same time. No good will come of it.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Cmon country boy, a trail cam on a WMA isn’t exactly a yeti cooler left at the park......maybe a tumbler left on a park bench though :bounce:

OleCountryBoy

Cmon country boy, a trail cam on a WMA isn’t exactly a yeti cooler left at the park......maybe a tumbler left on a park bench though :bounce:

I don't think there's any confusion relative to the point made. Leave anything on public land, deer stand, camera, blind, etc.... You are putting your trust in the general public, it's not gonna work for you long term, you're gonna be let down eventually.