Sports Radio for my Camper

longbowdave1

I obtained this sad old grill for spare parts for my identically sad old grill. The plan was to pull the parts I need and junk the shell of the grill. But then I got to thinking, It would make a perfect enclosure for the stereo system for my camper hidden, in the far Northwoods campground. Got to have a little music around the campfire.

I stripped the grill down to pieces and parts and removed a dozen years of cooking funk, and washed it all down. Then the painting began, and the amplifier and speakers went in!sporte  radio 1.jpg

longbowdave1

Bluetooth and FM radio. Even Karaoke ready for those who dare..... not me though.

longbowdave1

Since I'm at the far North end of the world, I'll have to mount an FM antenna on the mast high in the air. TV, phone, and radio signals are hard to come by up there.

specialk

Can't hide money!.....cool!!

beretta

Since I'm at the far North end of the world, I'll have to mount an FM antenna on the mast high in the air. TV, phone, and radio signals are hard to come by up there.
SiriusXM, streaming from your phone. Or any of the other music streaming services. You could also use a flash drive loaded up with your favorite music.

longbowdave1

SiriusXM, streaming from your phone. Or any of the other music streaming services. You could also use a flash drive loaded up with your favorite music.
Very rare to get signal on my phone good enough to stream. Cloud cover and everything must be just right.

It not the end of the world, but you can see it from there.

longbowdave1

Took the Sports Radio up to camp. It was a welcome addition. As I thought, streaming music was hit and miss, depending on the limited phone signal. The good news was that I was able to tie into the existing TV antenna on a mast, and get good FM reception. Had several friends share a campfire last night, and the radio was a big hit. Nice to have some music back in camp.

longbowdave1

Never in my life seen something like that! Very creative!

Sparred from the landfill. Got a few decals coming in the mail to top it off. Glad you like it. Funny thing is, I had it on the back of the Jeep on the way up. I drove right through downtown Green Bay in my travels. Had people honking and giving me the thumbs up. I should have had a for sale sign on it. Probably could of made some good money on it. Lol

longbowdave1

Phase two of the re purpose project was making speakers out of some old milk cans that I had in camp. I found some marine speakers on Amazon that were unopened but returned merchandise for 15$ for the pair. Mounted them in the cans used some cutoff deck board scraps for the tops of the cans, and put some speaker connection jacks for the back of the cans. Soldered all the inside connections. sports radio 101.jpgI used some upholstery foam inside in the bottom of the cans to dampen any tinny sounds, Little paint, and they were ready for camp. They sound amazingly good! I have them next to the firepit seating area. A few more decals may be in order to top them off!