Spot Lock Trolling Motor

Hunter/Mason

That was me loosing mine. Just got my rhodan a week and a half ago. We got to the keys this past Saturday. The trolling motor is awesome. The only issue is it came w a ram mount to hold the head still and keep it locked. I didn’t want to drill in the bow of my boat so didn’t put it on. We’ll yesterday we were running along about 20 when I saw it slide out. I got stopped in time before it dropped all the way. I’ve got it tied off for now because the lock won’t hold. Called rhodan this am and they are sending me some parts . When I get home I’ll put the ram mount on it. I will say it’s way heavier than my minnkota or motor guide. Warranty guy at rhodan was eager to help. It took 16 weeks to get it though

Rabun

OMG...almost deja vu all over again. Glad you noticed it in time and no harm done. Whew!!

Limitless

The ram is a good idea. and it keeps the shaft from bouncing against the gunnel. Be careful though, I was on the wheel and had a buddy deploying my Rhodan and he loosened the ram too much and it flew apart. Lost the bolt, handle and spring and had to buy a new one. You can drill a hole through both sides of the lower section and put a small length of stainless cable through it with crimps. That way the upper section that attaches to the ball on the motor will open to release it but the bottom wont open enough for it to come apart.

GONoob

I have a 36v 84" Rhodan with 3 12v batteries, yandina combiner and trollbridge on my 22'. No complaints other than I shouldve got a 96". Prop sticks out once in a while in 3-4's

Attachments

• img_8656_a0ff716d13f89c5b71c05a3000243769b3018bbd.jpg
    img_8656_a0ff716d13f89c5b71c05a3000243769b3018bbd.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 7

Clarkk

Minn Kota spot lock trolling motor was a great product. The spot lock will keep your boat in the same spot even on windy days. The 24-volt 80 lb thrust motor will pull the boat around with no problem. Fishing in and around reeds is no problem. Lily pads can get stuck in the prop. The power and spot lock was the selling point for me. The remote is easy to use. I don't use the foot control at all just the remote.

Last edited: