Spring Gardens

Shadow11

This is the foothills of nega mountains. I got a very late start this yr. I always shoot for about may 1st, but it was around the 20th this time.

Can't tell much from the pics, but I did a small garden left of the scuppernongs, and mixed in some stuff in here and there.

There's way too much crammed into this spot, but I'm getting more than I need for fresh eating.

The cucumbers and squash are about done. The maters and beans are in their prime right now. Corn has a sack that's almost ready. Peppers are starting to produce. Scuppernongs are a couple weeks from ripening. They are loaded.

Got a spot in the 2nd pic where I piled up some things that didn't get used. It has all grown through the containers, and looks dang near as good as the garden lol.

3rd pic is what I got in the last few days. Had plenty of beans to string and break up while watching the braves last night. Got em simmering with a piece of hog's behind right now.....

Screenshot_2022-08-07-08-37-11.pngScreenshot_2022-08-07-08-35-16.pngScreenshot_2022-08-07-07-55-23.png

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
4 pints of cowboy candy put up today. That’s about the only way our jalapeños get eaten. That and okra is all that’s doing anything right now though

View attachment 1168397
Those look great. I’ve been grinding up the whole peppers in a food processor adding vinegar , salt, and olive oil, and hot pack canning it. I smear of little of that on most anything. I like it that way as much as any way I’ve tried.

Whitefeather

Management Material
I planted some more squash and another couple cucumbers in mid July and it’s doing pretty good except for the pickle worms are here. I’ve been spraying with BT regular but, it’s not helping with them. What’s the best thing for killing them?

ucfireman

It took until almost September but I'm finally getting some tomatoes.
0 squash or zucchini, no corn, no cucumbers.
I did get 2 plantings of green beans.
HORRIBLE GARDEN!

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
It took until almost September but I'm finally getting some tomatoes.
0 squash or zucchini, no corn, no cucumbers.
I did get 2 plantings of green beans.
HORRIBLE GARDEN!
Mine had a rough year too. Done ok with tomatoes and peppers but squash, eggplants and cucumbers all fought mildew fungus and squash didn't make it.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Anthony, I'm right there with you except my tomatoes are finally playing out. Okra and peppers are flowing like wine. Been making a ton of pickled okra and pepper sauce. Have also started some batches of peppers fermenting for hot sauce in a few months.

I have also direct seeded cabbage, collards, and brussels about 2 weeks ago. They are looking great so far. Going to put more greens and lettuce in the next week when I pull my tomatoes.