Spring time memories in 2022

brittonl

It’s been a minute since sharing a little spring recap here with you guys, time definitely seems to be getting gone too quick. My oldest son has now phased out of Ga youth opportunities and that’s bitter sweet, he was the first of my three that I started learning more about youth hunts not only in Ga but across other parts of the country. He’s growing up on me, but his younger brother and little sister still have some kiddo times ahead. My oldest son ended up completing his public land slam last year in 2021 at age 15 which was really cool to be apart of. This season he was fortunate to take his last youth weekend bird this to wrap it up. I even got to spend a little time in the woods with my 9yr old daughter … between ballgames for all three lol.

I was fortunate to take a couple of Ga birds for myself which was nice. This was a challenging spring for me and my family as we were finally able to complete a home remodel and move in around the middle of April (12mo tour in in-laws basement after selling our previous home in 2021 ?). So a lot of other priorities have just been apart of it naturally this year.

I’ve grown up hunting with my dad since age 7 and I’m 40 now. We’re certainly no experts, but have a lot of fun together and always have. I’m beginning to understand how quickly time gets by us and my father is still strong but definitely getting older. He too has been chipping away at a public land slam and needed a Merriams to round it out. We just wrapped up a trip out west ourselves and his first time experiencing parts of the country only seen on television. He’s was in awe the entire trip and thankfully he too was able to complete his quest at age 65. A few pics to just share the fine memories made and thank the Lord to be so blessed to enjoy such fortune and treasures. Seeing others enjoy and experience the same in similar post is nice especially once the season is over. Enjoy the off season everyone!

73CBBFE5-26B3-4CD8-A9B3-9BBD3569BFEC.jpeg5F1F94B8-1238-4DBB-A80E-844A84336375.jpeg4D47BDBB-A6F3-443F-B5CD-9C11BB5A93EA.jpeg27068E45-7F07-4FE6-919C-AD1D5EEB49B8.jpegEB7CBA13-DF91-4D87-A3A0-656140BC6ABA.jpeg5A68C046-E46C-421E-9F6B-8F71582B0CA5.jpegE7D0D3A8-C5F1-4102-96B1-D9438648702C.jpegC9E8466F-CEDA-4B41-8BD1-EF6A16DA5187.jpegDC9982F4-A0D5-42D3-93A7-88D5BC4E4533.jpegC27E13DB-5013-4FEF-9C75-67DCF0525DFB.jpeg

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Wow those pictures are awesome!!
Congrats on the fine birds!!! Awesome time with family!! Congrats on gettin moved in da the house!!
Some of y'all turkey killers could also be proffessional photagraphers man those pics are great!!!

brittonl

Thank you Seatrout, I love taking pictures of the seasons as they go by and actually print them out and keep in albums. It’s wild to flip through the years and recall the adventures.

My dad and I always talk about how he wishes he had a camera back when I was a boy and would have been more intentional with photos. He often describes the “pictures in his mind” of places we traveled and hunted years ago. We never went out of state and basically just hunted public lands in Georgia. His favorite he reminds me the most is of a nice bird I killed with him many years ago outside of Helen on a little known WMA. Again no camera and I must have been 12 or so and I fanned that bird out in a little patch of green grass and he pretended he had a camera and took my picture. He still describes that one to a tee today. I’ve since tried to put a little more thought towards pics in general as I’ve gotten older. We in general don’t understand now days how fortunate we all are to have this little device in our hands for such things and not even to mention the navigation aid compared to years ago.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Man what a post and season , congrats and thanks for sharing . I can relate to all of it so much . I’m very fortunate at age 49 to still have my dad and him still be in great health , but I can also see him slowing down a little. He’s 68 , and we haven’t missed a spring since I could walk . Thanks again for sharing

FLGobstopper

That's awesome, love the pics. My son is now 16 as well but I still have my daughter for one more season in 2023. Already miss those youth hunts with him and gonna be a bummer not having those early seasons adventures with at least one of them. I do hope to get some travel time with one or the other in the future though like you have. Looks like lots of great memories y'all have made. Congrats on a great season to you and your whole family!

mike1225

Looks like y'all had an Awesome season. It's always good to get good pictures!

Gaswamp

Amen