Spypoint Cell Link

shdw633

SHDW, I use the Ridgeway cell cams and I can do updates from home and I do not have to visit the cam. With my solar panels and LI battery's my visits to some of my very distant properties, has been since the beginning of hunting season last year. My security cameras on construction sites have also gone over a year.

I am not familiar with Ridgeway? I do know of Ridgetec but again those cameras are $400 compared to a $100 or less Spypoint to do pretty much the same thing and I also use my Moultrie solar panels on the spypoints so it's not an issue of how long they last. Again, I am happy with what I have for the money I spent and I get 100 free per month from the cameras and pretty close to the least expensive per camera plan out there, just wish they would work out something with those updates or at least get the cameras to not need so many. I do have one Link Evo up there right now that has been going on 2 years straight and hasn't needed one update and is sending me pics everyday that I am ecstatic, but that is one out of 5 that's been that way with the others seeming to need updates on a regular basis.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Not sure what I'm getting next. I canned my Moultrie Mobile. Not interested in Spypoint. May get another Spartan or Ridgetec. But, Tactacam is about to release its camera, and it appears to be $119, and $120 a year prepaid unlimited. Who knows what tomorrow brings.

sleepr71

Wonder if those tactacam cameras can be commanded to take pictures or photos, like a Spartan can?? I’m still on the fence of what camera to put over a hog trap... because I need to be able to command it to take pictures or video in real time?

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Wonder if those tactacam cameras can be commanded to take pictures or photos, like a Spartan can?? I’m still on the fence of what camera to put over a hog trap... because I need to be able to command it to take pictures or video in real time?
It says image on demand. But, I think its thumbnails too, instead of higher res pics.

Videos are going to be the higher priced stuff. Spartan, Ridgetec, Covert.

whitter

BANNED
I am not familiar with Ridgeway? I do know of Ridgetec but again those cameras are $400 compared to a $100 or less Spypoint to do pretty much the same thing and I also use my Moultrie solar panels on the spypoints so it's not an issue of how long they last. Again, I am happy with what I have for the money I spent and I get 100 free per month from the cameras and pretty close to the least expensive per camera plan out there, just wish they would work out something with those updates or at least get the cameras to not need so many. I do have one Link Evo up there right now that has been going on 2 years straight and hasn't needed one update and is sending me pics everyday that I am ecstatic, but that is one out of 5 that's been that way with the others seeming to need updates on a regular basis.

shdw pls excuse a crippled old mind and you are correct in that what I meant to say was Ridgetec. When they said to travel to cam for updates , I was saying that Ridgetec was up-gradable from home.

shdw633

shdw pls excuse a crippled old mind and you are correct in that what I meant to say was Ridgetec. When they said to travel to cam for updates , I was saying that Ridgetec was up-gradable from home.

That being able to upgrade from home is a big deal in keeping them things running, especially when you are over 350 miles away.....as I am finding out!!

Kris87

Now, that Exodus has worked out all their bugs on their Render cell cams, they blow all the others I have away. I know everyone likes Spartan, and mine are OK, but the pic quality isn't spectacular. I have 3 Spypoints and have had zero issues with any of them. I think they take about the same quality pics as Spartan.

shdw633

Now, that Exodus has worked out all their bugs on their Render cell cams, they blow all the others I have away. I know everyone likes Spartan, and mine are OK, but the pic quality isn't spectacular. I have 3 Spypoints and have had zero issues with any of them. I think they take about the same quality pics as Spartan.

How is Exodus data plan pricing. My buddies went to Cuddeback due to the ability to have several cameras on one plan which is only about $10 a month but they have 10 cameras on it.

ssramage

Really? I've had 0 issues with my Spartan picture quality when HD photos are uploaded. I'm not sure how you could get much better (or need much better) than this. IMG_2430.JPG

shdw633

Really? I've had 0 issues with my Spartan picture quality when HD photos are uploaded. I'm not sure how you could get much better (or need much better) than this. View attachment 1025011
I think what he's saying is there isn't a ton of difference with a Spypoint pic, especially considering the price difference. Here's a pic off my Spypoint Link Evo from not too long ago and that's a cell pic, not a pic from the SD card which is much more crisper than this pic. Spypoint pic.jpg

Kris87

The Exodus plans are about what everything else is too. They also run off of one total data plan, so multiple cameras are all on one plan with them. It's not like Spypoint where you have to have multiple plans.

I have no issue with the Spartan HD photos. The normal photos aren't that great. The Exodus HD photos are phenomenal though.

shdw633

Are any of you that are using the link having an issue with the Micro SD card not being able to show you the pics on the camera if you put it in your computer using a card adapter. My buddy says his won't show him picks if he uses an adapter but will show him the pics if he uses the micro sd card slot on his new computer. I don't have any micro SD card slot on my computer and have to use an adapter. I bought the Cell link but have not opened it yet and won't if that is the case because I am not buying a new computer just to look at one micro SD card.

JHannah92

Are any of you that are using the link having an issue with the Micro SD card not being able to show you the pics on the camera if you put it in your computer using a card adapter. My buddy says his won't show him picks if he uses an adapter but will show him the pics if he uses the micro sd card slot on his new computer. I don't have any micro SD card slot on my computer and have to use an adapter. I bought the Cell link but have not opened it yet and won't if that is the case because I am not buying a new computer just to look at one micro SD card.
I don't have one, but that sounds like an issue with the card or the adapter to me

shdw633

It did to me too but he showed me on Spypoints website where it says that, yet it is worded strangely, like if you have the wrong class card you can't use an adapter or something like that.

z71mathewsman

I notice on their website that the cell link takes a different software update than the micro does.This might help solve the problem you guys are having?