Spypoint Link Micro

Buford_Dawg

I must say, given all the issues that have been noted on this forum with this particular trail cam, the 2 I purchased when Academy ran them for 99.00 have performed flawlessly. I did the software update as soon as I took them out of box and ran them in my backyard several weeks before putting them in the woods, to test. Since they been in woods for the last 2 months, both have worked as advertised. I get pictures every 4 hours (I have it set to send me pictures 6 times per 24 hour period) and the battery life on both of them is at 64% and 67% at this time, once again they been in the woods since early October. Maybe I just got 2 good ones, IDK, but I do know I will be asking Santa for several more to deploy next deer season. Hopefully someone will run them again for 99.00 bucks.

Shane Dockery

Same here. I did the same thing with the exception of testing them in my yard. Signal has been steady at 3 bars the whole time, and I have the pics sent set at instant with a 1 min delay. Put a 12V solar battery on it and it's lastest pretty much the whole season so far since August. I'm quite pleased for the price point.

Last edited:
Have had a Spypoint EVO going on two years. Had good luck initially, recently it has been sending tons of blank pics, eating up batteries, not sending pics, and generally misbehaving!! Have updated firmware but nothing gets better.
Now, for the link micro...first one worked flawlessly for about a month, then stopped taking pics, much less sending. Did firmware upgrade, would not upgrade, Spypoint even forced it over the air and no luck. No upgrade, no pics. Returned and replacement has been behaving for about a week or so. Plan to do firmware upgrade soon, so we will see what happens.
From what i can tell, this little Micro is hit or miss with regards working as they are supposed to!

SnapperG

I haven't had any issues with mine either. One thing I have noticed is in a couple of spots I tried to run them with a low signal - the batteries have died in a day or two. As long as they have two or more bars the lithiums have lasted for a couple of weeks.

jbird1

I took the plunge and ordered a couple of these cams...my first foray into the cell cam world. $99 is the same price I would pay for a decent non-cell cam so I figured I would give it a whirl. I'm not very tech savvy so hoping for the best. What I'm not sure of is what the total cost of ownership will be after service plans, batteries, etc. I'm thinking that it may be one of those get the equipment for cheap and pay for the service type deals. I'm really hoping for a cam that will keep service for several months using the most conservative settings..like what Buford Dawg is experiencing with his cams since I won't be able to get to them very often. Can you run two cams off the same plan?

Shane Dockery

I took the plunge and ordered a couple of these cams...my first foray into the cell cam world. $99 is the same price I would pay for a decent non-cell cam so I figured I would give it a whirl. I'm not very tech savvy so hoping for the best. What I'm not sure of is what the total cost of ownership will be after service plans, batteries, etc. I'm thinking that it may be one of those get the equipment for cheap and pay for the service type deals. I'm really hoping for a cam that will keep service for several months using the most conservative settings..like what Buford Dawg is experiencing with his cams since I won't be able to get to them very often. Can you run two cams off the same plan?

you can run two cameras on the same app, but pay separately for the plans.

Shane Dockery

Secondly, how do you go about adding it to the plan? Do you take the camera to the AT&T store?

Nothing is added to your current wireless plan. When you buy the camera, either the ATT or Verizon version, you download the app, activate the camera, then you get 30 days free of the unlimited transfers plan. After the 30 days, you can choose one of the plans they offer (or keep the free 100 pics per month plan), and pay through the Spypoint app.

From what I understand, this is different than some of the other cell camera brands where you can add the camera to your current data plan.

lildorris00

Nothing is added to your current wireless plan. When you buy the camera, either the ATT or Verizon version, you download the app, activate the camera, then you get 30 days free of the unlimited transfers plan. After the 30 days, you can choose one of the plans they offer (or keep the free 100 pics per month plan), and pay through the Spypoint app.

From what I understand, this is different than some of the other cell camera brands where you can add the camera to your current data plan.

So...for buying the camera I get a free 100 pics per month? I mean, to put that on a trail and leave it, 100 pics is probably enough to not need a plan.

Shane Dockery

So...for buying the camera I get a free 100 pics per month? I mean, to put that on a trail and leave it, 100 pics is probably enough to not need a plan.

Correct, after the free 30 days unlimited plan, it will automatically revert to the free 100 pics a month plan if you do not select a paid plan.

Once the season is over, I'll switch back to the free 100 pics plan and save the money for another camera. (y)

This is for the Link-Micro like I have. I would assume it's the same for the other Spypoint cameras as well.

Buford_Dawg

Shane addressed the questions accurately, at least from what I know. I utilized the free 100 pictures for awhile, but did select the unlimited for the month of November as I put the camera over some corn to see what was around. I just hit 1000 pictures for November. I pulled the camera today and put it over a well used scrape and will revert back to the free 100 pictures in December. I like the payment plan and methods. You can do it month by month and not have to pay for a full year.

glynr329

I have 2 get plenty of pictures. I got Verizon camera because it works better than ATT. Phone I have Sprint. My Sprint phone doesn't pick up great sometimes so I log out then back in. I have got thousands of pictures no problem. 100 pictures wouldn't last a week maybe 4 days so I go with 1000.

Bubba_1122

I have two. Had problems when first got but finally acclimated to the fact they ain't great but they are still a very helpful tool.

On mine I built a 12 volt battery box. Put them out before bow season. Battery is still showing 100%. When the battery runs down I'll recharge it rather than buy another (I like that I don't have to go in the deer woods to change batteries periodically (I'd like to not have to change batteries at all during deer season if possible but not sure how long the lithiums will last in the Cuddeback's)).

Have the same 12 volt battery boxes set up on other cameras except Cuddlink ones. Those I bought lithium batteries for. Lithiums are expensive but they last a very long time.

OcmulgeeOgre

Academy Sports Black Friday sale has these on sale for $99. The sale is active now and I picked up two more last night.

Long Cut

Owned a Link Micro since June...

Been going fine until recently, it’s been missing transmission windows (every 4hrs). Buddies with cameras in other counties with good service (3-5 bars) also experiencing the exact same issues.

We have different firmwares which tells me we are both outdated, or the issue is on Spypoint end.

Overall for the $105 I paid, it’s a good camera.
Does it send every picture it triggers at 1 Min intervals? Absolutely not.
Would I pay $150 for one? Absolutely not
Would I pay $90-105 for another one? Yes

Latest posts