Spypoint Link Micro

FLGobstopper

Like anything when they're working they're great! When they're not working how they should they're not so great and pretty much worthless. Not had great success with the online chat feature to fix a cam that will not accept firmware updates.

Buford_Dawg

So, I deployed my 2nd Link Micro Thursday after Xmas, yes, Santa brought it, LOL. Working great for me. Same as the 1st camera. I need to raise my feeder apparently, got a kick out of these pictures. So far, I have been impressed with them at 99.00.

Attachments

• Image-1 (1).jpg
    Image-1 (1).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Image-1 (2).jpg
    Image-1 (2).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 20
So, I have 2 Link Micros. One of them is in a low traffic area, it collects less than 100 pics/month and I have no issues.

The other one is in a more highly trafficked area, which you wouldn't know, because it stopped regularly sending pictures about a week ago. I've updated everything, reinstalled everything and nothing helps. Occasionally I'll get pictures that are like 3 days old. Has anyone had any success in getting a refund from them?

lildorris00

Does anyone know how to tell when your month begins and ends for when your 100 pics restarts? Iv got my 100 free pics and I wondered when it would start sending again

Buford_Dawg

Does anyone know how to tell when your month begins and ends for when your 100 pics restarts? Iv got my 100 free pics and I wondered when it would start sending again
It is either in the Account section or in the Photo package section within the mobile App, I dont have my cell phone close by, but it is within one of those sections.

lildorris00

I don’t see it in either. I don’t see much in the account section...in the setting section I see last communication and last installation dates but both are within the last week. I activated the camera about 12/3-12/4. In the photo section all I see is a photo counter saying 100/100

buckpasser

When I returned the two mystery duds to Academy the lady at customer service said they were flooding in for returns. She suspected something was defective with their batch. I’m glad they work for some of you...

Buford_Dawg

I don’t see it in either. I don’t see much in the account section...in the setting section I see last communication and last installation dates but both are within the last week. I activated the camera about 12/3-12/4. In the photo section all I see is a photo counter saying 100/100
Got my phone in hand, so here is where I see the information. Go to the Account folder, then select Photo Transmission Plans. You will see the plans available to you. Free, Basic, Standard, Premium. Whatever plan you are currently on, SHOULD be highlighted in orange, the others will be in gray. Underneath that plan, should read the following Text "Period ends in XX days where XX is the number of days. I am looking at both my cameras in the App now and both illustrate this.

spinefish

We have placed one Micro cam about 4 days ago, and have noticed that it takes a lot of pictures with no animals in the pic. We will get 50-60 pics a night, and at least half of them are just a pic of the food plot. I know there has been wind and rain, but I don't think that's it.
Have any of you noticed your cam takes a lot of pictures of nothing?

lildorris00

Got my phone in hand, so here is where I see the information. Go to the Account folder, then select Photo Transmission Plans. You will see the plans available to you. Free, Basic, Standard, Premium. Whatever plan you are currently on, SHOULD be highlighted in orange, the others will be in gray. Underneath that plan, should read the following Text "Period ends in XX days where XX is the number of days. I am looking at both my cameras in the App now and both illustrate this.
Maybe it is because I am still on the "free plan" but I don't have the text that talks about the period and number of days left. I see the different plan options and the price but no text for the plan that I am on.

lildorris00

We have placed one Micro cam about 4 days ago, and have noticed that it takes a lot of pictures with no animals in the pic. We will get 50-60 pics a night, and at least half of them are just a pic of the food plot. I know there has been wind and rain, but I don't think that's it.
I have 2 spypoints. The first seems to be perfect. The second had a similar issue that you are describing (although mostly daytime pictures). I changed the sensitivity from high to medium and turned it a different direction (so the sun isnt hitting it directly) and it seems to work. I still get a random blank pic but nothing like I was before.

Well, my Micro finally stopped turning on. So I have to ship it to them in Canada for them to determine if I get a replacement.

Stickers

What about the solar camera. Anyone have them ? Do you Like them ???

Attachments

• 67A3DE06-E57D-417D-8F89-D2863ABDF60C.jpeg
    67A3DE06-E57D-417D-8F89-D2863ABDF60C.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Taco4x4

Yes sometimes you need to adjust the sensitivity. If you know there are going to be high winds for instance lower your sensitivity. After it calms down turn it back up. What is great is you can do it without leaving the house. You will figure it out.

eli511

Can’t seem to get the firmware updated. We have done everything that the video has said with no luck. Still blinking light and no luck. Any advice?? Help. Lol!!

chris41081

Can’t seem to get the firmware updated. We have done everything that the video has said with no luck. Still blinking light and no luck. Any advice?? Help. Lol!!

Mine worked flawlessly for 5 months then it didn't. Same problem, followed the firmware update steps exactly as described with no luck. The camera will not update and just blinks. 15 emails back and forth of "try this and that" and now they want me to ship it back to them.