Spypoint

SPYPOINT has gone south. They have good customer service but it doesn’t matter if your product fails continually. They replaced 3 cameras in Sept. One was the solar which was the only one of the original 3 that was working but it stopped. They didn’t have anymore solar ones so the sent one solar and two micro Linc units. As of now all three have issues that they can’t explain. I had to update firmware twice on all three with different issues on each. Finally they said they’d replace one and wanted me to go get the other two and bring them home for a “wall test”. Those two cameras were sending pics every 15-20 seconds. Ran down a set of batteries in less than 24 hours. I have had it w their product. I’m selling all 3 w 3 replacement lithium batteries. I’m cutting my losses but I told them I will give them bad reviews on every platform I can find

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Spy point sux for me too!. They ran me around the Ringer for nearly 3 months before replacing the one I bought. By then i had a Spartan and a tactical Cam that were working fine. Never even took their replacement out of the box. It's still laying in the bottom of the closet.
?

I don’t have time to reinstall firmware every other day nor bring them home for a “wall test” nor replace batteries every day. They have been a tremendous disappointment.

camotoy

have 8 spypoints no issues as long as u keep batteries good have 1 EVO thats 4 years old and out 365 no issues other than an update once

Furmaster

Customer service can’t be any worse than moultrie mobile . They don’t have one I don’t think ??? been calling and emailing and submitting claims for a month all I got was change the SD card . Still didn’t fix the camera and still can’t get a response from anybody

rosewood

Took 6 months to replace defective Spypoint under warranty. Replacement cam wouldn't even work, too another month or 2 to get it replaced, then they wouldn't replace my lost time I paid for. The last cam did work better than the previous, but it quit after 9 months. I washed my hands of Spypoint.

Rosewood

Taco4x4

I got the Link Micro as a gift two years ago. Keep it out 4 months a year. I had to update it once during this time. Not hard to do. I use it on trails and scrapes not on feed stations and all I use is the 100 free pics a month. Over a feed station 100 pics might last two days but trails and scrapes I never make it to 100 pics in 30 days. I love the instant notification but pic quality is terrible. I'm not paying for premium HD.

O yea be very careful with the Antenna. I broke mine and ordered new one on Amazon. Will I buy another Spypoint NO. Will I except another one for free YES.

rosewood

Will I buy another Spypoint NO. Will I except another one for free YES.

I did run the last one until it quit, but never renewed the subscription after they screwed me out of 5 months I paid for.

Rosewood

smitty

Had 2 so far first one lasted 9 months replacement took 6 weeks ,doing me no good not in woods. New one Dark Link worked 6 months flawless the took a dump.Has taken 7 weeks to get a new enroute ,still not here, contacted every week new RMA still no camera.Wont buy another will take the replacement and see how long it last. poor is an understatement ..

Last edited:

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I bought one last season and it's worked great, still working. They sucked me into buying another one with a discount. It doesn't work. Placed the two camera's side by side. Old camera sends photos, new camera doesn't do anything. Take the new camera to town and it works. Just doesn't get a signal out in the woods.

rosewood

In the meantime, tactacam can't keep up with demand, and the spypoints are everywhere and cheap...

smitty

Received my replacement cam will get it up and running to see how long it last .They are very demanding you return the other camera asap ,so ill see how long it takes them to notify me to return it to them. Seems like i have same time frame as they do 7 weeks...

sghoghunter

Received my replacement cam will get it up and running to see how long it last .They are very demanding you return the other camera asap ,so ill see how long it takes them to notify me to return it to them. Seems like i have same time frame as they do 7 weeks...

When I bought my EVO a few yrs back it leaked water inside and started corroding the batteries and they sent me a new camera before I could send the old one back in. At first they had decent customer service if you could get ahold of them but now it’s the worst

rosewood

Spypoint made me send in my cam before they sent replacement, both times. Only took 9 months to get cam back up and working, then they stole months of service I paid for.