squirrel bbq

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've been known to throw a big fat groundhog on the smoker and pull it into bbq, and watch folks eat it up like starving dogs. :bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
How does groundhog stack up to squirrel?
Better. Much better. And I like squirrel. If it's not an old, gray-faced groundhog that you have to drive a fork into with a clawhammer, it's delicious, actually. Somewhere between squirrel and deer meat, with a little pork-like fattiness thrown in. It makes excellent bbq.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Better. Much better. And I like squirrel. If it's not an old, gray-faced groundhog that you have to drive a fork into with a clawhammer, it's delicious, actually. Somewhere between squirrel and deer meat, with a little pork-like fattiness thrown in. It makes excellent bbq.

Thanks, been wanting to try one but don't have any around where I hunt. Guess I'll have to make a special trip!

Hillbilly stalker

We always cooked them in a pressure cooker. One of them new instant pots would be the ticket. Their fine eating

BDD

You have to know how to clean a Groundhog thou , they have glans you have to cut out.
I had a uncle that would eat anything, he’d even break the tail off a crawdad and eat it right
Out of the minnow seine.