Squirrel hunters wanted . .

QuackHead90

Let me know when it cools down and we will bring the dog and get on some

Wifeshusband

Give 'em Mom's recipe from 50 years ago when I hunted them.
Squirrel Stew:
3 squirrels
2 onions, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 medium potatoes, diced
1/4 cup diced celery
4 tblspns chili powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
Dash (or two!) of Louisiana hot sauce
1 cup cooked rice

Cover squirrels with water and cook until tender. Remove from water and cool; reserve broth. Remove meat from bones and put back in broth. Bring to a boil and add all other ingredients except rice. Cook for about 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add cooked rice and serve hot.
Serves 6
Enjoy!

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
When can I bring out some raptors!? Between myself, and a few other local falconers, we have 7 squirrel hawks we can fly. 3 redtails and 4 Harris's hawks. The best time to hunt is when 1/2 the leaves have fallen.
I'm in Washington County too and I would love to come see that!

Me too and I would be willing to pay admission!

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
When can I bring out some raptors!? Between myself, and a few other local falconers, we have 7 squirrel hawks we can fly. 3 redtails and 4 Harris's hawks. The best time to hunt is when 1/2 the leaves have fallen.

Would love to see that !!! Remind me when the leaves fall !!!

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
How much admission are you going to charge, will there be a beer consession, and will you have golf carts available for us feebled up geezers?

Hillbilly stalker

Y’all make sure to film some of that and share it with us. I know I’d like to see it.

BlackMan

Give 'em Mom's recipe from 50 years ago when I hunted them.
Squirrel Stew:
3 squirrels
2 onions, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 medium potatoes, diced
1/4 cup diced celery
4 tblspns chili powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
Dash (or two!) of Louisiana hot sauce
1 cup cooked rice

Cover squirrels with water and cook until tender. Remove from water and cool; reserve broth. Remove meat from bones and put back in broth. Bring to a boil and add all other ingredients except rice. Cook for about 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add cooked rice and serve hot.
Serves 6
Enjoy!
Definitely trying this

dick7.62

I was overrun with squirrels when a pair of hawks moved in, raised a family, and thinned out the squirrels. My dog doesn't have many squirrels to chase so he chases the hawks.

ArmyTaco

NVM. I guess I should have read first. Might have to talk to my buddy and bring his fiest over. That is if you still want some of em gone