Squirrel Hunters with dogs, 2 Questions?

db2teg

Sorry not trying to high jack the thread. But can anyone point me in a direction I can get a pup or maybe started dog here in Georgia preferably NW Georgia? I had a feist 8 yrs ago but couldn’t get in the woods enough so sadly I had to give him to someone who would put in the time. Any help would be appreciated.

greg_n_clayton

Sorry not trying to high jack the thread. But can anyone point me in a direction I can get a pup or maybe started dog here in Georgia preferably NW Georgia? I had a feist 8 yrs ago but couldn’t get in the woods enough so sadly I had to give him to someone who would put in the time. Any help would be appreciated.
You can find whatever you looking for on facebook !!

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy

Delane lives right across the line in Allerbammy. Ranburne, IIRC. PM him and see if he knows of anyone.

There is a preacher named Alexander near Dallas that use to squirrel hunt to... I can try to round up a name and maybe a number for him if you need me to do so.

Cavalry Scout

Feist are normally smaller and hunt a little closer. Curs will be a little larger and hunt deeper. Hunted with Bargers and Cauleys, cant go wrong!! Heard a lot of good on Atomic's! Carolina Curs are super good and run a little smaller. I fell in with a real dog man by posting on here. These guys are great about helping

db2teg

You can find whatever you looking for on facebook !!
I’m part of a few groups but I thought I’d try here also.

Delane lives right across the line in Allerbammy. Ranburne, IIRC. PM him and see if he knows of anyone.

There is a preacher named Alexander near Dallas that use to squirrel hunt to... I can try to round up a name and maybe a number for him if you need me to do so.
okay cool whatever info helps thanks!

Feist are normally smaller and hunt a little closer. Curs will be a little larger and hunt deeper. Hunted with Bargers and Cauleys, cant go wrong!! Heard a lot of good on Atomic's! Carolina Curs are super good and run a little smaller. I fell in with a real dog man by posting on here. These guys are great about helping

yeah I want something that hunts a little close and a smaller breed that’s why I like feist.

delacroix

BANNED
People will mix up a small cur and call it a feist. If it meets the size standard they'll call it a treeing feist. It's a small treeing mutt. Breed it and you won't necessarily get another feist.

Plenty feist will go deep if sq. aren't moving. You can train a deep hunting dog to hunt closer. You have to with sq. dogs unless you just like looking at den trees. Train it to recall by collar tone. It'll get tired of running back and start to hunt closer. No point in treeing so far you can't get there before it timbers to a hole.

sljones

Wish I had seen this sooner. I would have come to you. I live in Milan. Dodge County. We've been to Douglas on a handicap youth hunt. It is tough with wheel chair but with clean woods, a Ranger, determination & strong backs, it can be done. My dogs have gotten older now & are much more suitable for youth & slower hunting. Won't pull out & leave as bad. Get with me next season. I have some landowners around here that would bend over backwards to help vets & handicap kids. Thanks Stan Jones