Squirrel's and guns on public land

They can be killed walking around and finding them with your partner walking about 50 feet in front of you , when your partner walks past the squirrel will slide around the tree and you get a good shot .
I usually pick up a few rocks as I'm walking into the woods. If you get a squirrel to dart up a tree he'll hide on the opposite side. Toss a rock or two to the opposite side will sometimes get them to spin to your side. Technic for the solo hunter

Sure fire best way - find a pecan orchard - wait till just before dark or early in the morning. My brother and I have killed as many as 16 in a day this way. Bet if you ask a orchard owner if you can hunt squirrels there he'd be all over that as well. Luckily our grandparents had one growing up - this time of year was amazing. God I miss them days. It would sound like a battle zone for about 10 minutes.

Sure fire best way - find a pecan orchard - wait till just before dark or early in the morning. My brother and I have killed as many as 16 in a day this way. Bet if you ask a orchard owner if you can hunt squirrels there he'd be all over that as well. Luckily our grandparents had one growing up - this time of year was amazing. God I miss them days. It would sound like a battle zone for about 10 minutes.
I'll buy that...I have a pecan tree in my yard. It's nothing to see 10 or more hopping around my yard. But go to the woods with a gun different story

Thread starter #24

flynlow

Student at the Hard Knock School of Aerodynamics
I'll buy that...I have a pecan tree in my yard. It's nothing to see 10 or more hopping around my yard. But go to the woods with a gun different story
I don't even have a pecan tree in my yard, but a bunch of pines and they are everwhere. I think I even saw one flip me off the other day after we got back from huntin. :bounce: