Squirrels from 2015

Thread starter #1
A few years back someone wanted a squirrel contest. Well me and Martin made it between me and him because no one else could keep up. It was just for fun for us. I think Martin ended up with around 24 and me with 16. If you work at it you can kill them. You'll miss a lot too and some real easy shots too. But anyway here's pictures of my squirrels.

Attachments

Thread starter #4
How is it expensive? You chose your shots wisely. Most are on the ground or near the ground and the trunk of the tree as a backstop. Now some are yard squirrels. Martin would send a few up in the treetops. I think he lost 2 at Horse Creek one morning while we walked around. I carry a wood chisel to get my broadheads out of trees. I use a hex head for up i tree. I've killed several while going to climb a tree for deer. I will shoot at them while in the tree too. Good for practice.

Maybe I should have said expensive “ for me” and my shooting. I broke or bent or lost a lot of arrows trying. Looks like y’all have it down pat tho, good shooting.(y) I had a T- handle made to pull or wiggle the head loose, but I still had a lot of loss. Poor shooting I reckon.

Thread starter #6
This squirrel was as high as it is. Now I did shoot at one to my left after killing this one up in a dead top. It keep coming out of this hole about 20 feet up. I thought I could make the shot. Shot low and my hex head stuck in the rotten wood. Luckily there was a vine beside it and I kept swinging it and hitting my arrow till it came loose and fell to the ground.

Attachments