SSI and the flounder bite

ohg123

Up in SSI for a few weeks and ready to start looking for a few of the flat fish. brought my little skiff again.

I have a few ideas looking for flounder on lower tides, but curious what to look for on higher tides? seem to find a few targeting docks and rocky/oystery shorelines at a low last year. on the high water do they run into the creeks too? stay in the deeper channels anyways? i watched a video by some legendary flounder guy in SC and he recommended only fishing the top half of the tides, which is when i never find any flounder last year. but he definitely seemed to know what he was talking about.

also, kind of hamstrung by using village creek ramp as there is a 5 hour period where you cant go in or out each tide, but what i have found is close to there.

using the causeway ramp i suppose i should run south to jekyll and poke around. did a lot of that last year and found very little.

thanks guys! not asking for secret spots, just general patterns they follow thru the tide stages.

Doboy Dawg

There is a good ramp on Jekyll behind the old Ski Rixen pond and Summer Waves. You just get stuck with the Jekyll parking fees to get on the island.

There’s another ramp under the Sidney Lanier Bridge near the Coast Guard / DNR building. It adds a few mile run to the islands. There’s no fees at this ramp.