ST George Island

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Zero, none, nada one live shrimp in the St G., East Pt., Apalachicola area right now.
Gonna put a choke on my Tt plans...
Besides artificial and gulp, hopefully we can conjure up some live and cut pinfish for bait...
Slayer and I gonna work on the backside of the Island mostly East of the bridge 2mrrw in his G3 (my previous sled)

Bay City Lodge... They got me in one a them tee-niney rooms, but it is clean and chill...
Splashing and docking the boat after fishing to be set for Fri. morn in my boat...View attachment 1084653

What are the rates there, Corbett?

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
It was a beautiful day on the water fishing the bayside in the lee of the island...

Screenshot_20210610-153531_Gallery.jpg

But it was a tough day of fishing in new waters for both of us with no live bait. Slayer finally knocked the skunk off with a 15" flounder from under one of the fishing bridges... (on a hunk of frozen mullet).

Screenshot_20210610-154209_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210610-154209_Gallery.jpg

We had kind of fished in a big circle and before we hit the boat ramp to pull out, we went back to our or first spot near the the ramp at 3 crosses.
I was really ready to pull out for the day but slayer cannot enjoy a good afternoon of rest and relaxation. We've nicknamed him 2 speed... 'Full steam', and 'off'. After just one trophy sized snot cat, he said let's stick around because the catfish are just starting to bite... :rofl:

Screenshot_20210610-155859_Gallery.jpg

Starting over tomorrow from Bay City lodge and working the Western half of the Bay which I know slightly better. His son Logan will be along with us tomorrow… Lord please don't let us see anybody in a Tennessee shirt. ::ke:
I have a deal with slayer, if we don't do any better tomorrow, in return for draggin me down here, he gets to wear his new Tennessee shirt his (GON) buddies got him all day on the boat with his family on Saturday.
:bounce:

Sorry about the multiple pictures. Pushing the buttons too many times working with this bad cell signal here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210610-155859_Gallery.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 3
    147.5 KB · Views: 3
    147.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

slow motion

It was a beautiful day on the water fishing the bayside in the lee of the island...

View attachment 1084807

But it was a tough day of fishing in new waters for both of us with no live bait. Slayer finally knocked the skunk off with a 15" flounder from under one of the fishing bridges... (on a hunk of frozen mullet).

View attachment 1084786View attachment 1084786

We had kind of fished in a big circle and before we hit the boat ramp to pull out, we went back to our or first spot near the the ramp at 3 crosses.
I was really ready to pull out for the day but slayer cannot enjoy a good afternoon of rest and relaxation. We've nicknamed him 2 speed... 'Full steam', and 'off'. After just one trophy sized snot cat, he said let's stick around because the catfish are just starting to bite... :rofl:

View attachment 1084803

Starting over tomorrow from Bay City lodge and working the Western half of the Bay which I know slightly better. His son Logan will be along with us tomorrow… Lord please don't let us see anybody in a Tennessee shirt. ::ke:
I have a deal with slayer, if we don't do any better tomorrow, in return for draggin me down here, he gets to wear his new Tennessee shirt his (GON) buddies got him all day on the boat with his family on Saturday.
:bounce:

Sorry about the multiple pictures. Pushing the buttons too many times working with this bad cell signal here.
Losing respect for Slayer. Tennessee shirt ain't working. Come on man.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Spend some time soakn a half mullet tail in a deep hole....been hearing some rumors from that way!

Dog Hunter

About to call it a week, headed toward Bainbridge and see my mama tonight. Be on the island about mid afternoon tomorrow. Travel safe fellas.

slow motion

Get 'em. Glad you didn't wear the Tennessee shirt for that pic.?

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sunday to Sunday for me, may have waited to late to order some stencils, the ole jewel may ride with just a primer coat

May be more truth to this than I originally meant, stencils were supposed be here Friday, now tracking shows nothing past its original location other than package arriving late in transit. In the miracle event they show up today in the a.m. it will be completed before we pull out of the drive tomorrow, if they arrive p.m. I'll sacrifice a few hours at the beach and just paint it there because I despise not having a project completed

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
This happened overnight at our beach access.
9557CFC7-5941-44B2-9096-50B9C714F494.jpeg
75BEF86C-67D9-4CD3-B328-66F0E4E27DB6.jpeg

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Makes great red fish bait. Those things never come off the hook!

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I seem to remember somebody chastising me for fishing cut bait and not marathon lure flippin'.

::ke::rofl:

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Yall want to see some Karen's light up social media, take a couple pieces of pvc and some flagging tape and after your kids have dug a beach hole, throw the pvc and flagging tape on the ground next to the hole, couple raw cracked chicken eggs really adds to the experience