St. Marks 4/5...

slow motion

Didn't have fresh fish for dinner but had a little left over fish and added grilled pork chops. That works. IMG_20210407_213248_870.jpg

doomtrpr_z71

Calvin, The fact that the campout has been cancelled changes a lot, but I have an appointment tomorrow to get my boat trailer in the trailer shop for new brake pads hub maintenance etc...
And I've been gone from home for over a week and getting a little homesick.
I'll be back in Saint mark's a lot over the next 2 weeks And hope we can get together either here or at the hatch soon.
Well we'll be down Friday as well if you want to get up then as well, my wife's honeydo list has gotten my fishing schedule out of whack for 21....and it looks like my April is going to be scheduled completely different starting next week so maybe we can get up instead of me having to take day trips to st mark's.IMG_20210407_140807.jpg

slow motion

@doomtrpr_z71 how did you do today? Need pics and a report. Come on man! Nobody else was on the water today. Dug ditches all day. Need my fix.

doomtrpr_z71

@doomtrpr_z71 how did you do today? Need pics and a report. Come on man! Nobody else was on the water today. Dug ditches all day. Need my fix.

Quick and dirty.....worst day of trout fishing ever for me out of the hatch, they blew it big-time on the forecast and the wind was horrible and rough seas. We had a blast as we came though the biggest school of ladyfish I've ever seen and of course puffers. Handful of trout caught but no keepers and it's so rough I gave up trying to find the spanish. Tomorrow looks much better.

slow motion

Stay after em . I would say be careful but you will fish in a hurricane. Hopefully I will get a few hours in tomorrow.

vahurst

Find the rocks and you’ll find the fish. We went out of econfina earlier this week... caught our limit in about an hour and threw back at least another one. Half were shorts, half were slots.

Attachments

• 84C6ECC1-96B5-4C66-AB7F-08E6B6ED9A94.jpeg
    84C6ECC1-96B5-4C66-AB7F-08E6B6ED9A94.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 13

twtabb

There are rocks at the Econfina ???‍♂Vahurst nice box of fish. We went Tuesday and caught a few trout and two Spanish. Water was barely moving.

slow motion

Well at least we got a limit of trout and a red no we can hunt spanish and another red
Glad you did well. Didn't get out with the thunder. Also unfortunately I am the world's worst plumber so still fighting the water line. Enjoy those filets sir. Thanks for the updates