Starling feeding frenzy

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Straight across the road is a big wild black cherry,I’ve seen a flock of Starlings mob that tree for a few days now. They show up all at once clean up the ripe ones and fly off together,like a military operation.

Redbow

I don't see nearly as many Starlings as I once saw in our area. The wild black cherry trees produced nothing this year with the cold. I was hoping our tree would have a few the birds love them and so do I.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I hate starlings. Nasty, invasive European birds that hurt our native bird populations, carry diseases, and generally make a big nuisance of themselves.

Hard to believe that all the billions of them in the US now came from 100 released in Central Park in NYC in 1890 by a feller who wanted all the birds mentioned in the works of Shakespeare to live in America.

Redbow

I hate starlings. Nasty, invasive European birds that hurt our native bird populations, carry diseases, and generally make a big nuisance of themselves.

Hard to believe that all the billions of them in the US now came from 100 released in Central Park in NYC in 1890 by a feller who wanted all the birds mentioned in the works of Shakespeare to live in America.
I hate the English sparrow just as much as I do Starlings.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler

The same
Sort of thing happened once again in Central Park with English Sparrows. Nasty Blue Bird
Murderers!

Wifeshusband

My father was peaceful man . . . until English Sparrows and Starlings showed up in the yard, and then he morphed into Elmer Fudd; but, unlike Elmer, he bagged what he went after.

One year he bought a really nice sparrow trap. The bird went in the small doorway and the platform dropped like a little elevator. The only way out for the bird was to walk into the cage. I can remember seeing a dozen sparrows at one time in the trap. He was ruthless in pursuit.