Starting Today the nonsense will stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

win280

I would like to say that this was a group effort from all mods and admins, some, like Nicodemus felt very strong that something should be done, so we did. I'm glad y'all are thankful for the effort. Hopefully we can get this thing back on track...

But for now, it's Friday...... almost the weekend! Front pushing through tonight, should be some fine hunting tomorrow and Sunday!

Good luck everyone!

YES YES YES.Hopefully Woodys will still be the place it was
invisioned to be.Thank you Woody, Mods,Admins.:yeah:

will hunt 4 food

I've got a pic of a button buck my dog tracked in bow season, if you guys want to thin them out fast....or would that be baiting:bounce:

Thanks Admins, great decision.

Money man

All I know, is that over in the fresh water fishing forum.....we never have these issues! :huh::D

Well....almost never...until someone says they throw small bass up on the shore for buzzards.....then it is on!

All I know, is that over in the fresh water fishing forum.....we never have these issues! :huh::D

Well....almost never...until someone says they throw small bass up on the shore for buzzards.....then it is on!

I dunno, seems like anytime someone actually takes a fish home and eat it, it starts a row.

It's very confusing, release the big bass, kill the big deer --:huh:

jmfauver

Well Said

Well said

They are not trying....they ARE.
This is a privately owned forum, so they can do that.
They don't mind the discussions, as long as it's kept civil.
Most understand that, but a few don't.
In fairness to the Mods, they have given due notice that they are able and willing to moderate, and reminded us of the lines not to cross.
Some will get it, and the ones that don't get it will be got.
They have a tough job, but somebody has to do it:clap:

Money man

I dunno, seems like anytime someone actually takes a fish home and eat it, it starts a row.

It's very confusing, release the big bass, kill the big deer --:huh:

Yeah, we are not perfect by any means but we don't have to have the admin of GON get together and put together a plan to threaten everyone to make it stop. :smash:

I am just sayin......

Actually...now that deer season started, it got nice and quiet over on the fishing forum. I was just wondering if some of those complainers maybe had a different screen name for their hunting season and one for their fishing season and maybe all the whiners were actually the same people and just came over to this forum?

Ok, I will leave you guys to figure it out :rofl:

Muddyfoots

Retired Administrator
Yeah, we are not perfect by any means but we don't have to have the admin of GON get together and put together a plan to threaten everyone to make it stop. :smash:

I am just sayin......

Actually...now that deer season started, it got nice and quiet over on the fishing forum. I was just wondering if some of those complainers maybe had a different screen name for their hunting season and one for their fishing season and maybe all the whiners were actually the same people and just came over to this forum?

Ok, I will leave you guys to figure it out :rofl:

Wasn't a threat. Just HIGHLY suggested. Post as you wish, but be ready to suffer the consequences.

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
First off, I want to say thank you to all the Mods and Admins for what they do here. It isn't easy playing babysitter for the 20% of the knuckleheads who cause 80% of the problems. I :clap: you.

Now, I have a serious question. Is it acceptable to do a little "in yo face" posting now and again in the "Challenge forums". You know smack talk and all. Similar to something along the lines of, "You know you ain't gonna win if you keep shooting those button heads, right? :rofl:"

I think that we are grown up to understand the difference between smack talk between teams and degrading other people's accomplishments. Of course this only applies to the "Challenge" threads and sub-forums.

Oh, and I will completely understand if it is now off limits as well.

Money man

Wasn't a threat. Just HIGHLY suggested. Post as you wish, but be ready to suffer the consequences.

Muddy: threat, promise; feel free to parse words if that is what turns you on, it is what it is but that wasn't really my point. I was teasing the hunters about their manners toward each other and recognizing that some of the fishermen act the same way.

And for the record, to those who scream about big brother, if the government was coming in here telling you how you can and can't act, then you have an argument. Since this is a private forum, the mods can come up with a rule banning the use of all words containing a Z and it would absolutely be their right to do so.

Now go kill some younguns! :D or not.......:bounce:

Last edited:

olcowman

Hillbilly Philosopher
Here we go! First Yalls President trys to silence Foxnews and now the "Gate Keepers" on the GON forum are trying tell folks what they can and can't write.

Forum means "an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest."

Your opinion and my opinion are different and we should be able to discuss it openly. As long as the language is clean. Who cares? There are too many rights being taken away from us NOW; at least let speak freely on here.

Heck I can't disagree with that statement much. But the fact is it is a private forum, which in essence is not a forum at all. After reading some of the above posts it is clearly stated this is a place for select individuals, with opinions that only agree with those few among the select who reign supreme. And anyone individual is subject to censure, penalty, suspension, and permanent banishment at any time and for no particular reason whatsoever. Just reading the facts as stated.

I'm not trying to cause trouble here but I must have missed a lot over the years. I can't figure out what has suddenly warranted all the menacing posts and infusions of influence by the admins on the threads here? I have been in some pretty rowdy debates on here and up until the last 30 days or so didn't even realize this site was moderated. I ain't supposed to comment on such actions so I aint gonna tell ya'll I got 3 or 4 really confusing pms.

I guess it is a thankless job to start with, unless that is your thing. (Some kid always raised their hand when they needed a hall monitor in elementary school?) It is not my cup of tea, but I realize there must be a valid reason for them to lord over the threads here. You have to remember the "private" part that lies just under the surface of what is often called a "public" forum. I didn't even know they banned people here, what is folks getting on here and doing?

It's a shame such a good and resourceful site is somehow being undermined by some dumb kids or just evil, bored people out there to the point it may one day get uncomfortable for most of us to honestly express our views on here. Why not make all members give their home address out and when they get out of line we could get a group together and go over and have a "come to Jesus" meeting with them or something? I mean dang, we lose enough of our freedoms already, granted this is not an open platform guaranteed by any implied act to provide any such freedom,(just beating a mod to it) it still makes me mad that a few folks out there are causing the tone on here to start to turn in the direction it currently has?

If it comes to the point you got to watch every word you post or spend half your posts bragging on the admin's incredible ingenuity and brilliance (which ain't that uncommon) well a wonderful and great idea launched by a man with vision and used by thousands of decent Americans has been stolen by a few idiots. Like I said, I just flat out missed the mess that has brought all this heat on to the forum, but I hope it was shot dead in it's track and we can all lighten the tone up here and get back to enjoying ourselves. Opening the page and seeing "starting today the nonsense will stop..." or "From this point on any member who...." or even worse "You have a private message from...." that really puts a positive spin on it don't it?

braintree

This is deer season folks. We should be out hunting deer, having fun with family and friends, and enjoying this sport. Instead, some are here to blast and nit-pick anything they can to try and steal someones moment.

It will stop today. Consider this your first warning. The staff of this site have grown very tired of babysitting a bunch of adults.

Starting now, anyone found making condescending remarks about someone's legally taken deer will be given an infraction. 4 infractions and you are automatically shown the door. Some folks already have a few to their name, you know who you are. You are treading on thin ice.

We want this place to be where anyone can come and show off their kill, get an "atta boy" or "atta girl" and be proud of their game without worrying about being blasted because it doesn't measure up to another persons standards. We will not tolerate such behavior.

Have fun, kill some deer, post up the pictures and stories and enjoy this board. If you can't do that, find another sand box to scratch in. You have been warned.

4 infractions IMO is too many, but I'm glad the admin is doing it.

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
I don't know what the complaining is about here...here's what I've taken from this thread. It shouldn't be a big deal...

I haven't really seen anyone dictate what you can or cannot say, at least within the rules that you agreed to when you joined the forum.

What you are being told is where you can say it. That's perfectly reasonable. You are free to say pretty much what you want, just use some common sense about where you say it.

All that's being asked of you is not to go into someone's thread, where they've posted a picture of a deer they've killed, and start knocking them or their deer or start talking about how people should kill "little deer" or whatever. If you can't just congratulate them on their kill and give them an "attaboy" or "attagirl", then just move on. It's not that hard.

If you feel that you simply must talk about what kind of deer people should or shouldn't shoot, then start your own thread and debate away.

It's not a matter of not being allowed to express opinions or not being able to say this or that, it's a matter of not berating people in their own threads (or any thread where people are posting about their kills) over the animals they've taken and have every right to be proud of. What it amounts to is a call for common courtesy. If you aren't capable of that, then you might not belong here anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.