Status
Not open for further replies.

chadf

Only one ban and 3 pages?

I gotta check the views!
(almost 4,000!!!)

j.irvin

Banned
Thanks for taking out the trash. :clap: I haven't been on this forum for long, myself, but I have learned a whole lot in a short time.

crackerdave

Some things just will never stop, Delton.
Websites will continue to require constant supervision and moderation. This one is no different, except it has even stricter rules and guidelines than most which makes it even more difficult to moderate at times.

If more folks knew just how difficult the job is, they would be quite humbled that good folks VOLUNTEER to keep the lights on here!:flag:

Keep up the good work Woody's Staff! It is greatly appreciated!:cheers:

Hey,WTM45 - I don't see "Moderator" under your name anymore.Are you undercover?::ke:

A

AmandaM

Thank the Lord!:yeah::yeah: I haven't been a member long but I learned very quickly what kills you should post and ones that would get yeah:smash:. Now maybe I won't be afraid to post my first kill even if its small :banana:

olcowman

Hillbilly Philosopher
I don't know what the complaining is about here...here's what I've taken from this thread. It shouldn't be a big deal...

I haven't really seen anyone dictate what you can or cannot say, at least within the rules that you agreed to when you joined the forum.

What you are being told is where you can say it. That's perfectly reasonable. You are free to say pretty much what you want, just use some common sense about where you say it.

All that's being asked of you is not to go into someone's thread, where they've posted a picture of a deer they've killed, and start knocking them or their deer or start talking about how people should kill "little deer" or whatever. If you can't just congratulate them on their kill and give them an "attaboy" or "attagirl", then just move on. It's not that hard.

If you feel that you simply must talk about what kind of deer people should or shouldn't shoot, then start your own thread and debate away.

It's not a matter of not being allowed to express opinions or not being able to say this or that, it's a matter of not berating people in their own threads (or any thread where people are posting about their kills) over the animals they've taken and have every right to be proud of. What it amounts to is a call for common courtesy. If you aren't capable of that, then you might not belong here anyway.

Reasonable enough, but I really didn't realize this was going on so much. It probably just didn't catch my attention as I am not preaching trophy hunting or meat hunting in particular. My first one was the runt of the litter but I was proud as can be and would have mounted it if I'd had the money. (might have looked funny with them spikes?)

This pretty much the only forum I participate in therefore I don't know what goes on at other forums either. I just wish to stress that I have never had a problem with the mods running folks off that are posting disparaging remarks about someone choosing to kill a legal deer. And ya'll made it clear that if they want to argue about shooting a fork horn or waiting for the next world record they can start their on thread. That is more than accomondating and fair to all. If someone can't refrain from spoiling a photo-op of some kid's first deer because he calls himself a trophy hunter, well he's got issues and needs to watch Oprah or Dr. Phil.

I do apologize if anyone took my post has being a challenge to the this sites moderation. Truthfully, I do wince each time I see a mod have to call a particular person out or shut down a thread. I sure enjoy our freedom on this forum to compare ideas and debate points with various individuals. And we are as guilty as any if we standby and let a minority of selfish, tactless, small-minded heathens take our forum away a piece at a time.

Just a note in closing, ain't no trophy hunters on here right now are they? Good... cause 99% of the folks I know who call themselves "Trophy Hunters" do so because they ain't much good at killing deer to start with. It's alot easier to claim you was waiting for a 14 pointer to walk by your stand than to just say you suck at deer hunting when everybody at camp is dragging them in left and right!

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
Reasonable enough, but I really didn't realize this was going on so much. It probably just didn't catch my attention as I am not preaching trophy hunting or meat hunting in particular. My first one was the runt of the litter but I was proud as can be and would have mounted it if I'd had the money. (might have looked funny with them spikes?)

This pretty much the only forum I participate in therefore I don't know what goes on at other forums either. I just wish to stress that I have never had a problem with the mods running folks off that are posting disparaging remarks about someone choosing to kill a legal deer. And ya'll made it clear that if they want to argue about shooting a fork horn or waiting for the next world record they can start their on thread. That is more than accomondating and fair to all. If someone can't refrain from spoiling a photo-op of some kid's first deer because he calls himself a trophy hunter, well he's got issues and needs to watch Oprah or Dr. Phil.

I do apologize if anyone took my post has being a challenge to the this sites moderation. Truthfully, I do wince each time I see a mod have to call a particular person out or shut down a thread. I sure enjoy our freedom on this forum to compare ideas and debate points with various individuals. And we are as guilty as any if we standby and let a minority of selfish, tactless, small-minded heathens take our forum away a piece at a time.

Just a note in closing, ain't no trophy hunters on here right now are they? Good... cause 99% of the folks I know who call themselves "Trophy Hunters" do so because they ain't much good at killing deer to start with. It's alot easier to claim you was waiting for a 14 pointer to walk by stand than to just say you suck at deer hunting when everybody at camp is dragging them in left and right!

One of the worst ones I can remember recently was in a thread in the Varmint Hunting and Trapping forum where a young girl was running a trapline and posted up some pictures. One "sportsman" (and I use the term very lightly) just berated her for it. It was really stupid.

RipperIII

Kudos for the moderators!
As a new "outdoorsman" and hunter, I come to this site for insight and information from you experienced hunters.
I enjoy sharing in the success stories as well as commiserate with the not so successful stories from each of you fellow posters.
I can not for the life of me understand why anyone feels the necessity to berate anyone else for a legal kill, or experience.
It has been my experience in life that those who belittle others are in fact simply insecure with themselves.
I am glad that the mods take the time to police this forum, it can not be a pleasant task.
Thanks guys and gals.:flag:

Hankus

Prishate it yall!!

mhayes

thanks mods. I was wondering how much longer this was gonna go on. Thanks for putting ya'lls feet down....

miketrike

Banned
really?

im sorry if somebody else has posted this already, but i read handguners post and am quite shocked. This is a public forum and he is pretty much telling me and you what you can say and cannot say even if that is not what you believe. by saying that you cannot vritisize somebody for shooting a small deer, etc. I wont ever say wat i dont feel if i feel a deer shouldt have been shot i will say so because that is wat i belive. that doesnt mean it is right but its how i feel and i have been raised to express my feelings. if he is gonna tell us what we can or cannot post then this isnot a public forum. it might as well be a moderator forum tellin you what they thinh you should post on the way there feelings are. All they are is opinons not facts and everybody is intitled to there own. Even those who voted for obama lol. just my way of seeing things

jmharris23

im sorry if somebody else has posted this already, but i read handguners post and am quite shocked. This is a public forum and he is pretty much telling me and you what you can say and cannot say even if that is not what you believe. by saying that you cannot vritisize somebody for shooting a small deer, etc. I wont ever say wat i dont feel if i feel a deer shouldt have been shot i will say so because that is wat i belive. that doesnt mean it is right but its how i feel and i have been raised to express my feelings. if he is gonna tell us what we can or cannot post then this isnot a public forum. it might as well be a moderator forum tellin you what they thinh you should post on the way there feelings are. All they are is opinons not facts and everybody is intitled to there own. Even those who voted for obama lol. just my way of seeing things

It may be your way of seeing things, and you're welcome to do as you please. You just won't be doing it here very long.

huntingonthefly

Gone but not forgotten
Amen, I may send a little pic every now and then now! BTW I do have some big pics. The little pics overall I seem to be the proudest of the most because of the day's events, friends or family involved, prayers answered, the hurdles I may have jumped that day, the days that ''seemed'' to be ruined at the onstart, a certain co-existence with nature feeling, and ultimately the things that cannot be put into words. More to hunting than pulling the trigger or punching the release- it's the rush and the hours leading up to it are the most important- but fried backstraps is a close second, lol.

Gentleman4561

Thank You Mods! I have seen tons of people being complete jerks and am glad something is being done about it.

miketrike

Banned
It may be your way of seeing things, and you're welcome to do as you please. You just won't be doing it here very long.

thats what im sayin! im not sayin ne thing wrong just my opinion! if you feel that im wrong and kick me off than thats ur decision. you may feel like you can control people here like a rent a cop but ur nothing more than we are. people expressing WHAT THEY FEEL! Just because we dont feel the way you do, does that mean were wrong? and should get kicked off? yall gotta get yer stuff together yer messing up a good thing here in people expressin what they believe in.

modern_yeoman

thats what im sayin! im not sayin ne thing wrong just my opinion! if you feel that im wrong and kick me off than thats ur decision. you may feel like you can control people here like a rent a cop but ur nothing more than we are. people expressing WHAT THEY FEEL! Just because we dont feel the way you do, does that mean were wrong? and should get kicked off? yall gotta get yer stuff together yer messing up a good thing here in people expressin what they believe in.

Dang man....every post you've made today has been rude...Do you post once a year just to tick someone off?

Status
Not open for further replies.