Starting Today the nonsense will stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lord have Mercy. Some folks just don't get it.

GusGus

Way to go Mods and Admins!! I have seen to many posts lately that started out "I wasnt going to post this pic because I didnt wanna get bashed." or something of the sort. This is a GREAT forum and that should never be a fear. Thanks guys!!

bowtie

amen...about time....tired of hearing people complain about what other people do........thanks mods

leadoff

GONetwork Member
im sorry if somebody else has posted this already, but i read handguners post and am quite shocked. This is a public forum and he is pretty much telling me and you what you can say and cannot say even if that is not what you believe.

Technically, it is privately owned.....I don't remember ever having to pay to make any posts on this forum. The MODS have set the rules to their specifications and expect the members to follow them. In MY opinion, there is a big difference between someone posting their opinion and someone posting demeaning Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----. We are all hunters and should be supportive of our hunting heritage and traditions. Hunting is first and foremost a way to enjoy and respect the outdoors; trophy management is only a modern aspect of hunting that some follow. True hunting is enjoying the time you spend outdoors and respecting the quarry you pursue by not wasting the kill. I wonder how many "trophy" hunters actually utilize the meat from their kills. In all honesty, times are pretty tough for many right now, and I, for one, will probably kill more deer this year to fill my freezer to help offset my grocery bills. That is TRUE hunting IMO. :)

Tomcat1066

im sorry if somebody else has posted this already, but i read handguners post and am quite shocked. This is a public forum and he is pretty much telling me and you what you can say and cannot say even if that is not what you believe.

That's just it. It is not a public forum. It's private. The vast majority of internet sites are just that. That means you either follow their rules, or they show you the door. If we don't like it, we can show ourselves to the door. But just because it's open registration doesn't make it public, just like a local shopping mall isn't really a public place. Sure, you can just walk on in...but they can ask you to just walk on out too. That's the difference between public and private property.

If someone doesn't like it, then start your own web forum and have your own rules (or none at all if you like). But as someone who's been a moderator/admin before, it ain't as easy as it looks. Trust me.

Open up wide...Here comes your foot..

This reminds me of a club I use to belong too. After signing up the presidents would modify the approved rules to suit their personal interest...again my opinion no reply required..

outdoorsman52

i couldt agree more why should any one have to be ashamed of thier kill and not post their pictures they are proud of there take and should be congraduated instead of insulted nick u the man

kbhunter

not trying to be rude just trying to express my feelings. Which I guess is not allowed on this site ne more
I think everyone is entitled to their beliefs, but everybody does not have the right to be derogitory toward anyone else. When people begin trying to tell other folks what they should or should not shoot, hunt or catch, that to me should not be allowed, perod.

I have a sixteen year old that is on this site and yes, he hunts abiding to QDM rules of our county, but, I remember when I was growing up. I was happy to shoot anything with "horns" and it was a trophy to me, at any size. My family ate the meat and there was only a few doe days every year, so if it was legal (aside from button heads)
we harvested it. Now, my family don't eat as much as we did, so I only harvest what we can eat (does) and we hunt for bigger bucks. There are kids, young hunters, handicapped hunters and meat hunters that don't need to hear someone's diatribe. Think of it this way, ever see someone dressed different, looks different or has a impairment, would you say something just because it's "how you feel"? Or would you think to yourself, that would be rude, I should keep it to myself. If your the first type, you don't need to be on any public forum, if your the second type, your with allot of people, you might have an opinion, but realize you just shouldn't say it!

TREAT others with RESPECT, they respect you more in return.
:biggrin3:

wmahunter

Banned
Think of it this way, ever see someone dressed different, looks different or has a impairment, would you say something just because it's "how you feel"? Or would you think to yourself, that would be rude, I should keep it to myself. If your the first type, you don't need to be on any public forum, if your the second type, your with allot of people, you might have an opinion, but realize you just shouldn't say it!

Seems like it is easier for folks to type something rude than to say it in person.

One thing I always try to do is go to the "advanced reply" page and then after typing my reply I hit the "preview post" button and read it several times before submitting it.
I have made a few edits before posting by doing it that way.:biggrin3:

This also lets me check the grammar, punctuation, and logic of my post because I have always felt that if it is worth saying then it needs to be said correctly so that people will understand what you are trying to say.....obviously not a high priority for some on here.:banginghe

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I'm glad to be here! Thanks for having me. I have a deer hunting addiction. Isee i'm not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.