State Buying 8000 Acres In Harrelson County?

Thread starter #1
Has anyone heard that the state is/has bought 8000 acres in Harrelson County? I've been in a club out in Buchanan for last three years, got a text from club president saying we lost the lease due to the state buying property. Anyone heard anything about this?

jsa1281

Yes it’s true. I’ve heard from a guy I leased some property to turkey on last year at the river bridge on 27. Like 3000 acres on Felton rock mart side and 5 something on treat mountain.

bfriendly

Hey T,
Maybe we should check it out sometime when put up them pretty yellow squares 👍

Treat Mountain gets hunted plenty! Friend of mine told me years ago there is a place on the side of the main road called The Big Holler. He said he stopped on opening day of deer season & rolled his spare tire down in The Big Holler. Before it got to the bottom it had been shot 7 times & one man was running beside it trying to stab it.

The Conservation Fund bought it as a part of an 11k acre transaction. They are in discussions with the State to make a WMA out of part of it. No indication that the state will actually buy it.....
Elkbane

Treat Mountain gets hunted plenty! Friend of mine told me years ago there is a place on the side of the main road called The Big Holler. He said he stopped on opening day of deer season & rolled his spare tire down in The Big Holler. Before it got to the bottom it had been shot 7 times & one man was running beside it trying to stab it.
That's too bad that tire would have been a good one next year