State Buying 8000 Acres In Harrelson County?

Has anyone heard that the state is/has bought 8000 acres in Harrelson County? I've been in a club out in Buchanan for last three years, got a text from club president saying we lost the lease due to the state buying property. Anyone heard anything about this?

jsa1281

Yes it’s true. I’ve heard from a guy I leased some property to turkey on last year at the river bridge on 27. Like 3000 acres on Felton rock mart side and 5 something on treat mountain.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
They had one on Treat Mountain years ago.
Yeah I drove by there on my way home from college once to locate it intending on going hunting there but never did

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Hey T,
Maybe we should check it out sometime when put up them pretty yellow squares ?

mike1225

Treat Mountain gets hunted plenty! Friend of mine told me years ago there is a place on the side of the main road called The Big Holler. He said he stopped on opening day of deer season & rolled his spare tire down in The Big Holler. Before it got to the bottom it had been shot 7 times & one man was running beside it trying to stab it.

Elkbane

The Conservation Fund bought it as a part of an 11k acre transaction. They are in discussions with the State to make a WMA out of part of it. No indication that the state will actually buy it.....
Elkbane

huntersluck

Treat Mountain gets hunted plenty! Friend of mine told me years ago there is a place on the side of the main road called The Big Holler. He said he stopped on opening day of deer season & rolled his spare tire down in The Big Holler. Before it got to the bottom it had been shot 7 times & one man was running beside it trying to stab it.
That's too bad that tire would have been a good one next year

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
Has anyone heard that the state is/has bought 8000 acres in Harrelson County? I've been in a club out in Buchanan for last three years, got a text from club president saying we lost the lease due to the state buying property. Anyone heard anything about this?
My friend hunts on a lease in Buchanan and his lease was bought for this WMA from what I understand it will be part of Paulding Forest and will be the biggest or one of the biggest in North GA!

mike1225

So does anybody know for sure what area? Felton,Treat Mountain or where?