State Park quota hunt ???

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I got drawn for Mistletoe SP hunt 12/1-12/2...so being my first time getting drawn for a SP hunt, I have was wondering, is it like Piedmont, will we get a "permit" and just show up to hunt? or is there some sort of meeting about boundries, camping, what to shoot., etc.

Thanks for any input for those that have hunted a SP in the past.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
The only one I attended did have a pre hunt meeting that was mandatory, several years ago though

oldfatbubba

Mandatory meeting the night before the hunt. Covers the rules. They may also tell you the purpose of the hunt is to reduce the population so shoot everything; there hasn't been a deer hunt there since 2012!

Attachments

• mistletoe.PNG
    mistletoe.PNG
    28.3 KB · Views: 23

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Mandatory meeting the night before the hunt. Covers the rules. They may also tell you the purpose of the hunt is to reduce the population so shoot everything; there hasn't been a deer hunt there since 2012!

Thank you. Looking forward to this hunt. And since I will be looking to top off the freezer, even better.

Arrow3

@Dutch howd this hunt go? I got drawn for it this year.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
@Dutch howd this hunt go? I got drawn for it this year.
Alot of sign, everybody hunts the center of park, so hunt the hard to reach parts. Killed mine in the area to the left of the entrance of the park

Arrow3

Alot of sign, everybody hunts the center of park, so hunt the hard to reach parts. Killed mine in the area to the left of the entrance of the park
I plan on taking my boat and getting away from most people.