Steel shot size for goose hunting ?

Briar

GONetwork Member
I've been shooting 3.5" T shot and it does the job but I'm going to be getting a case of new shells this week . I was wondering what shot size do y'all use . I was thinking maybe BB or BBB to get more pellets and with BB I can use duck hunting . I've looked locally and T shot in 3.5 is hard to find . Any suggestions will greatly be appreciated . :bounce:

Duck's and Buck's

I know this might sound crazy but I kill 'em dead w/ #2 Hevi-Shot 3in. Those 3 1/2's hurt too bad if I'm shooting alot. If I'm using Xpert steel or something I use BB's for Geese. Good Hunting "Shoot 'em in the Face!" See Ya John

Last edited:

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
If it is steel, I like 3" Fast Steel #2's. Get them in close (35 yds) and shoot the head like you do a dove. Nice dense pattern and they will break a wing as well. Bigger steel has way to open of a pattern for me.

ducked up

Banned
speaking from a friends advise who kills a ton of birds........ the smallest i would use is 3.5 bb any thing bigger than that is good!!!

BACK STRAP

goose shot

I shoot the Remington Super Steel T shot. I have been shooting it for years. It can handle getting wet and that means alot to a duck hunter.