Stepping Out

basstrkr

What makes people walk out of stores into the parking lot never looking out for traffic. As if some pedestrian right of way law has produced a force shield around them. What if the driver doesn't see you or their foot slips off the brake/clutch. Or maybe their just mean/dumb/ or enraged. Yeah the law may arrest him but it's still gonna hurt. Do people just not have any self responsibility?

zedex

Gator Bait
Walking out of buildings across access roads is one thing but here is what irks me..

Crosswalk lights. A person walks up and presses a button to get a walk light. But, they dont wait. Just smack the button and step on out. Never mind the requirements of stopping vehicles.... mass plus inertia equal flying humans.

Or.... you are at a traffic light. The light changes to your favor and you start to go but some ignorant, self entitled ___________ {enter term of choice} walks out in front of you, against the walk light.

How to top that??? A cop is at the light, sees what happened and does NOTHING. I believe the criminal code term is "jay walking". For the cop, its "didnt see it" or "not worth the effort for a ticket". The term for your insurance company, should you hit one of these intelligent people is "RATE INCREASE "

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
When my daughter was living in Italy, we went for a visit. We were heading to town ( walking) and baby girl says we need to cross here. She just bailed off the curb into the street and I'm screaming at her to stop. She just looked at me with that "oh, dad quit being stupid and follow me" look. All the cars stopped and let us cross. She explained to me that over there pedestrians always have the right of way no matter where they cross and not to worry. You just look to the left and make eye contact with the the driver and step off. She told me to "cross the street with authority and never hesitate when stepping off the curb" Never got used to that! I was literally scared to death when she moved back home that she would get squashed crossing the road here.