Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
You Bammers would too. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rockon:
We’ll find out if it ever happens, we haven’t been lost in the wilderness for 40 years. :rofl: :rofl:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
We’ll find out if it ever happens, we haven’t been lost in the wilderness for 40 years. :rofl: :rofl:

Yep. Only 38 more to go and we're gonna do everything we can to help y'all on your journey.::ke::bounce:

TomC

I've always liked Bama, really like Saban. It does however feel really good being on the front end of a dynasty rather than the back end of one.

"Lost in the Wilderness" may be coming to a Tuscaloosa theater sooner rather than later. It's going to be something else to watch when it does come to town!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I've always liked Bama, really like Saban. It does however feel really good being on the front end of a dynasty rather than the back end of one.

"Lost in the Wilderness" may be coming to a Tuscaloosa theater sooner rather than later. It's going to be something else to watch when it does come to town!
It hasn’t happen in my lifetime but was headed that way. I saw the end of the Bear Bryant period as a boy and Saban now. When Bama lost to Louisiana Monroe they had hit bottom. Saban arrived the next year.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
It hasn’t happen in my lifetime but was headed that way. I saw the end of the Bear Bryant period as a boy and Saban now. When Bama lost to Louisiana Monroe they had hit bottom. Saban arrived the next year.

The GOAT ain't nearly done fer.

"Old age and treachery will prevail over youth and skill."

Never doubt it. :rockon:

buckpasser

I like y’all’s poetry. I wanna try.

Roses are red
Violets are righteous
Stetson’s so old he’s got arthritis

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
The GOAT ain't nearly done fer.

"Old age and treachery will prevail over youth and skill."

Never doubt it. :rockon:
I'm sure PSU fans said the same about JoPa after 2 Nattys in 4yrs ('82 and '86). And then well..................

1675545080101.png

See any difference in the "early" and "late" years? (Win, Loss and Ties are the last three columns on the right) Win totals diminished greatly. Yes they still had some good years, not nearly as many and often as the "early" years, and maybe got hosed out of another one or two (at least "split") Nattys.

Nobody knows, let alone ADMIT, that it might be over until well after it's over.

ETA He coached from '66 til '11 for those that may not know.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
That's it? No more snappy comebacks? This forum has really went downhill. This thread should be 10 pages by now. :bounce:

DannyW

That's it? No more snappy comebacks? This forum has really went downhill. This thread should be 10 pages by now. :bounce:
Not a snappy comeback but I remember a similar thread 3 years ago about Jake Fromm. I predict a similar career for Bennett but would be thrilled if he proved me wrong.

SpotandStalk

I'm sure PSU fans said the same about JoPa after 2 Nattys in 4yrs ('82 and '86). And then well..................

View attachment 1208129

See any difference in the "early" and "late" years? (Win, Loss and Ties are the last three columns on the right) Win totals diminished greatly. Yes they still had some good years, not nearly as many and often as the "early" years, and maybe got hosed out of another one or two (at least "split") Nattys.

Nobody knows, let alone ADMIT, that it might be over until well after it's over.

ETA He coached from '66 til '11 for those that may not know.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Joe Pa liked boys
And his staff did too

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Thought I’d revive this one for a bit……

Watched some draft analyst discussing Bennett over the last few days. There was a couple consistent thoughts.

1. Stetson would only be drafted as a backup QB. Can a guy with that talent and riding the high like he is live with backup QB?

2. The drunk stunt would impact his NFL stock value as teams are intolerant of drama from a backup QB.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Thought I’d revive this one for a bit……

Watched some draft analyst discussing Bennett over the last few days. There was a couple consistent thoughts.

1. Stetson would only be drafted as a backup QB. Can a guy with that talent and riding the high like he is live with backup QB?

2. The drunk stunt would impact his NFL stock value as teams are intolerant of drama from a backup QB.
IMHO:

1) Stetson has had doubters for the last 6yrs and he persevered and thrived. We all have our moments when people doubt us and we "rise to the occasion" just to prove them wrong. This guy has taken that to another level. No different than when he left UGA and returned and STILL had to earn it.

2) it's doubtful it hurts it much. It was a one time incident and anyone who hasn't done something silly/stupid in their 20's, caught or not, stand up and be counted. If dude had a history, like Manziel, it might be different but I think most right thinking fellers will go "Yeah, I get it".

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
IMHO:

1) Stetson has had doubters for the last 6yrs and he persevered and thrived. We all have our moments when people doubt us and we "rise to the occasion" just to prove them wrong. This guy has taken that to another level. No different than when he left UGA and returned and STILL had to earn it.

2) it's doubtful it hurts it much. It was a one time incident and anyone who hasn't done something silly/stupid in their 20's, caught or not, stand up and be counted. If dude had a history, like Manziel, it might be different but I think most right thinking fellers will go "Yeah, I get it".
I’m certainly not going to make an argument against anything you said. Thought it was interesting the analyst were consistent. In the end their talking heads.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I don’t know how it’s news that he will be a backup. I don’t know who thought he was going to be anything else. The stupid idea that he wouldn’t even be drafted is what most people had an issue with.

Last edited: