Stevens 301t for kids

For those of you that have purchased this for your kids, have any of them had an issue with the length. I've been thinking of buying one for my son, but am a little concerned with the 26" barrel. They also make a standard 301 compact that is 22". Just curious of from those of you that have bought for your child. FYI Im talking about a 6-7 year old.

Buckman18

When my daughter started deer hunting with me at age 9, she shot a 223 in a H&R compact with the short stock and barrel. Its the ONLY gun she was competent with. The H&R and NEF handi rifles and shotguns are dang near a spitting image of the Stevens 301T. Id consider the short version I believe.

Last year, my daughter turned 11, and I got her a regular 301T. But... big difference between 7 and 11. Also big difference between boy and girl...

Swamprat

Swamprat
The 301T is very light and not barrel heavy at all even with a 26" barrel. Picked one up before Christmas for my own use and if my 20 year old daughter wants to tag along for a turkey hunt and also for my grandson when he gets older. He is only 2 1/2 now but maybe when he gets to 6 or 7.

Just my opinion but with a .410 even shooting TSS you would want a longer barrel just for pattern purpose cause of the lighter loads.

Also before you shoot it clean the barrel good, mine was nasty from I guess packing oil/grease and have heard others say the same.

Robert_Lee

I purchased one for my son last year and it is very light, no issues with barrel length or weight. He was 7 at the time and got his first long beard with it.

Ga Hunter 2506

I bought one for my son a couple weeks ago and i got a few boxes of bird shot to let him get used to shooting it. So far so good he is getting more confident with the gun and him self every time we go out and shoot.

GADawg08

If you get a chance, take a look at the mossberg super bantum .410....bought one for my son last yr, he's 5 now and shoots it like a champ. Patterned it with federal tss and its a shooter at 25 yds. It comes with spacers so as they grow you can adjust the length of pull. Hope to get him his first bird this yr.

deast1988

Mossberg just released 2 new models for this year.

A pump with threaded barrel in original bottomland.

A SA-410 in original bottomland.

These are threaded barrel full camo turkey rigs in .410. Should do just fine,

Tristar has a camo stocked Cerakoted NWTF version .410

An a .410 semi that has a pistol grip.

.410s catching on, but the shot string an unforgiving pattern can be tricky for a kid to you.