Stihl 2 in 1 chainsaw sharpening tool

Gaswamp

good info

badalley

I haven't used Stihl , but recently I bought XtremepowerUS 85W Mini Electric Chainsaw Grinder . I saw its benefits here . and its working pretty god and fulfilled my exceptions. So, I would say check it out.

lonewolf247

I tried it a second time and was more careful and deliberate when sharpening. Made a world of difference. It takes longer to get the saw in the right position and stable than it does to sharpen. I use it on a MS 311 with 20” bar and it gets REALLY sharp. It seems after a tank of gas it needs touching up again. This is after cutting green pecan.

I find the best way for me to do a thorough sharping is to lightly put the bar in a bench vise, to hold it steady, and turn the chain to advance it as I go.

In the field, the best for me is on top of a tree stump, or log.

Last edited:

Heathern

BANNED
Just be sure to follow the most important part of the instructions:

Do not use sharpener on a running saw.

What kind of dummy would use a chain sharpener on a running saw? Probably the same kind of dummy who would drive a vehicle with a windshield sunshade in place. Or use a blowdryer in a bathtub.

Hence the ridiculous warning labels. Gotta look out for the lowest common denominators - the ones that were last in line when brains were handed out. Well, that and shady ambulance-chaser lawyers who sue because people like to get rich over being dumb.

lonewolf247

Just be sure to follow the most important part of the instructions:

Do not use sharpener on a running saw.

What kind of dummy would use a chain sharpener on a running saw? Probably the same kind of dummy who would drive a vehicle with a windshield sunshade in place. Or use a blowdryer in a bathtub.

Hence the ridiculous warning labels. Gotta look out for the lowest common denominators - the ones that were last in line when brains were handed out. Well, that and shady ambulance-chaser lawyers who sue because people like to get rich over being dumb.

Ha, so true! :sneaky:
However, here is one that works as you run the saw. Has to be too good to be true I'm sure. Doubtful it does a good job.

https://hoiten.com/products/electri...08995&utm_content=Bing-Hoiten-Shopping-US-All

Arkinson7

Are you still looking for a cutting tool sharpener for you? If yes, you search online. There are lots of ecommerce websites which offer this kind of products. Besides, you can try this one for example https://indoor2outdoor.com/ Different types of cutting tool sharpener. Hope that help!