Still seeing bears and raining acorns?!

StikEm

Been a couple of weeks since I've been up to N. GA... last time I was up there it was raining acorns and there was pretty decent sign, esp bear. Wondering if anyone knows how the mast is looking to date and whats the deer/bear sign status in general.
Thanks

StikEm

Appreciate the responses. I have a cabin up in ellijay that borders NF, and it’s where I do most of my hunting. unfortunately I haven’t been able to get back there in a couple weeks to scout it myself. I’m at about 2600ft and there were so many acorns you couldn’t walk without stepping on piles of em.

strothershwacker

Appreciate the responses. I have a cabin up in ellijay that borders NF, and it’s where I do most of my hunting. unfortunately I haven’t been able to get back there in a couple weeks to scout it myself. I’m at about 2600ft and there were so many acorns you couldn’t walk without stepping on piles of em.
That's round about the elevation that I've found the most this year.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
I'm on the fence if I want to harvest a bear or not. But I definitely want the encounter! I want to see a wild bear in the wild. That's a critter I have never come across.

StikEm

I'm on the fence if I want to harvest a bear or not. But I definitely want the encounter! I want to see a wild bear in the wild. That's a critter I have never come across.
It’s an amazing experience, and minus the weight, the rest of the work is about the same. Lol
The meat in my opinion is delicious

StikEm

That’s good to hear! That means they’ll be moving a lot later throughout November and most likely into December. I have 3x as many bears on my cameras than I do anything else. I got a sweet video of a HUGE bobcat moving up the ridge. Biggest I’ve ever seen

rigderunner

I'm setting at 2600 ft of elevation right now hunting and there is a few acorns but not much bear sign I'm a good ways from the truck and road

splatek

UAEC
...man, I know a spot at about 25-2800 feet that earlier was showing great red oak and possible white oak acorn production that wasn't too far from me... now that I've whacked a few deer (still hunting the public land mature buck I crossed paths with a few weeks ago), maybe I need to make it back up to the hills one weekend for a nice cool camping / hunting trip....

rigderunner

No luck yesterday hunted all day started in the lower elevation and went high. I didn't find much bear sign at all. There is a persimmon tree I normally hunt at about 2200 and it had no scat near it and all the fruit was rottening on the ground

StikEm

No luck yesterday hunted all day started in the lower elevation and went high. I didn't find much bear sign at all. There is a persimmon tree I normally hunt at about 2200 and it had no scat near it and all the fruit was rottening on the ground
I'm sorry to hear that! Heading to my cabin Thursday and hunting through Sunday, sounds like I need to take a day to scout some new areas.

rigderunner

I'm sorry to hear that! Heading to my cabin Thursday and hunting through Sunday, sounds like I need to take a day to scout some new areas.
It's always fun either way hopefully things will turn around