Stimulus Money For The Small Guy? HELP PLEASE !!?

Big7

The Oracle
I have a friend that paints and remodels residential. One man band unless he needs day labor. If so, he just hires helpers a week or three at the time.

Trying to help him get some stimulus money.

Where would he go and what kind of proof of income would he need to draw from that fund?

He's a good Christian man and I'm trying to help him not go under.

Any help is much appreciated !!?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Contact State unemploynent office and make application under CARES act. He might need 1099s or copies of Tax Returns with schedule C. They will be able to assist him. Each State is probably a bit different.

Big7

The Oracle
Contact State unemploynent office and make application under CARES act. He might need 1099s or copies of Tax Returns with schedule C. They will be able to assist him. Each State is probably a bit different.
Thanks.

I'll send him a link to this thread.

MUCH APPRECIATED !!?

IIICrkRepr

From our accountant and banker:

To expedite the application process, we encourage you to gather the following items which is not necessarily an all-inclusive list:

1. Payroll Tax reports (forms 941 for the past four quarters and 1099s) for the previous 12 months.
2. Historical tax returns for three years on business. If the 2019 tax return is not available, please provide a balance sheet and profit and loss statement dated 12/31/2019.
3. Current financial statement (balance sheet and profit and loss statement).
4. Organizational documents of the business.
5. A list of all entities owned by any 20% or more owner of the business.

Big7

The Oracle

To expedite the application process, we encourage you to gather the following items which is not necessarily an all-inclusive list:

1. Payroll Tax reports (forms 941 for the past four quarters and 1099s) for the previous 12 months.
2. Historical tax returns for three years on business. If the 2019 tax return is not available, please provide a balance sheet and profit and loss statement dated 12/31/2019.

Thanks. I'll pass it along.

MUCH APPRECIATED !!?

LTZ25

Are you kidding, the guy is a day job individual doing odd jobs here and there , he’s going to find his self in a tuff spot . Probably doesn’t have a checking account, I hope he gets some help like all the other people that lose a regular job . Do you think he has a profit & loss statement ?

IIICrkRepr

You know what they say about assumptions. Sharing a CARES act application requirement for most small companies.

Artfuldodger

For some reason I thought if you got a state un-employment check, you would automatically get the CARES unemployment check.