Stock and action bolt torque

Baroque Brass

I’m about to replace trigger springs in my Tikka T3x rifles. I usually torque the bolts to 35-40 inch pounds, which seems to be pretty common recommendations on various sites. Does anyone have additional suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks.

TJay

I’m about to replace trigger springs in my Tikka T3x rifles. I usually torque the bolts to 35-40 inch pounds, which seems to be pretty common recommendations on various sites. Does anyone have additional suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks.
I have a Tikka T3x and I torque mine to 40 inch pounds. Tikka was a little vague early on what the proper torque was I think at one time they were saying 62 inch pounds which seem really high to me. Anyway 40 is what I do.

nmurph

An email to the manufacturer would be my first move. They've tested their equipment and know what works best.

Baroque Brass

I have a Tikka T3x and I torque mine to 40 inch pounds. Tikka was a little vague early on what the proper torque was I think at one time they were saying 62 inch pounds which seem really high to me. Anyway 40 is what I do.
I agree, 62 inch pounds seems really high. It would be nice if the trigger group could be removed without taking the rifle off the stock, which means re zeroing the scope.

nmurph

I believe factory Rem 700 action screw torque is 50-60in/lbs, so 62in/lbs doesn't sound out of line.

Contact Tika...

Baroque Brass

If anyone is interested, I torqued all bolts to 35 in pounds and it was close to zero when I fired it, maybe 1” low and left at 100 yards. I’ll take that.

LTFDretired

I had to send my CVA in for repairs and I had to take the scope off before I sent the ML back. Then I need to put my Leupold ML scope back on my CVA ML When they ship it back. What setting should I use with my Weaver F.A.T. wrench to lock down the scope rings? Thanks

Jester896

Senior Clown
50-60 inlb on a 700 would correct if it has a bedding block...think it is 40-45 on wood or plastic

Kowtown

Sorry for the delay @Jester896. Had family over today then big downpour with lightning kept me from going to the shop for my torque wrench. I figured a couple of pictures would be better than my poor verbal descriptive skills...

No wood in the stock. This is Steyr's version of a synthetic stock.IMG_1517 (1).JPG

And a view of the receiver lug
IMG_1518.JPG

Kowtown

It appears to be pillar bedded. You can't torque wood or plastic to the same spec

My post never meant to suggest that all rifles be torqued to 62 inch lbs. That's why I noted SBS Prohunter and showed the spec from the owners manual.
My apologies if my post gave that impression.

Jester896

Senior Clown
My apologies if my post gave that impression.

I didn't think that it did. I was curious, so I asked, and I see why that is what they recommend. I wouldn't torque a wood or synthetic stock to that. There were several numbers bounced out above :)