Stolen Gun

kmaxwell3

So I spoke to Emory. They have cameras and have the footage they are reviewing. Detective will let me know what they see. I found where the poped out the driver side door handle. Didnt even notice till I looked closer

Davexx1

Sorry to hear the news about loosing a gun. It may turn up someday. I too had one stolen out of a vehicle years ago, but think that was a jealous ex-girlfriend that knew it was there. Did anyone know you carried it there?

Jim Boyd

Sorry to hear the news about loosing a gun. It may turn up someday. I too had one stolen out of a vehicle years ago, but think that was a jealous ex-girlfriend that knew it was there. Did anyone know you carried it there?

At a hospital, that does not sound likely.

In a driveway or at work, I would think that would be more likely.

Big7

The Oracle
Color that piece "gone". No need to worry further as long as you reported it stolen, lost or whatever.. Need to report date and time (and who) you talked to. MAKE COPIES to store in different places..?

It would possibly be very bad if the pistol is/was used in a crime and came back on you. Just Sayin'.?

kmaxwell3

Color that piece "gone". No need to worry further as long as you reported it stolen, lost or whatever.. Need to report date and time (and who) you talked to. MAKE COPIES to store in different places..?

It would possibly be very bad if the pistol is/was used in a crime and came back on you. Just Sayin'.?

I have taken all the necessary steps to handle this properly. Emory police department said I have nothing else to worry about.

kmaxwell3

No one knew it was in there except myself.

R and D

Ga needs a 10-20-life law like fla has..my truck was broken into twice when I lived down south and they left guns alone both times...taking a gun =10years mandatory

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Ga needs a 10-20-life law like fla has..my truck was broken into twice when I lived down south and they left guns alone both times...taking a gun =10years mandatory
Yes sir, if you can keep prosecutors from agreeing to a lesser plea. Plea bargains get frustrating at times.

frankwright

I had a friend leave a evening match at a range and a bunch of them went out to eat together.
he doesn't know if they were followed but someone broke in and took his range bag with an expensive gun in it.
They caught the thief with it four days later.
He has been waiting three years to get his gun back! Lots of lawyer tricks to keep the thief out of court and police won't release the gun from evidence unless the case closes!

kmaxwell3

Spoke to the detective again this morning. They got the guy on camera and pictures of his license plate. It turns out it's a rental car. So now they have to do an affidavit to the rental car to try to get that information. But I would assume they probably use fake ID to get it. But who knows?

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Spoke to the detective again this morning. They got the guy on camera and pictures of his license plate. It turns out it's a rental car. So now they have to do an affidavit to the rental car to try to get that information. But I would assume they probably use fake ID to get it. But who knows?
Wow. I hope they at least catch this guy. Also hoping your son is doing well

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
At least they have some active leads.

kmaxwell3

Wow. I hope they at least catch this guy. Also hoping your son is doing well
He's doing okay considering the circumstances. The doctors are real pleased with his response to the treatment so far. He's just kind of not eating a lot right now which may be a concern down the road. Thanks again

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Last time something similar happened to me I found it later where I had hidden it from myself.
BTDT.

When we gutted our hunting camper and rebuilt it we built in a couple gun hides. I lost my 870 and found it a year later when I was putting a gun in the gun hide.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I loaned one to a friend once who was getting into hunting. He lost it and replaced it then found it while he was clearing out after selling his home.