Storm a -coming

BeerThirty

I cannot recommend enough to consider a duel-fuel generator! If the power goes out the fuel pumps won’t work at gad stations. Or, if there’s an emergency and the lines at the station are a mile long, you might find yourself in a mess. These dual fuel generators burn cleaner and having a little extra propane around the house isn’t a bad idea if you it for lanterns, grills, etc…

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I have an 8500 watt Generac generator, just in case. With enough stored gas to run it a long time. It will be used mostly for keeping our freezers running. We can cook outside with no trouble, over the fire and coals.

hopper

This is something where Harbor Freight isn't a bad option. The predator series are cheap, and really well liked by many. I know of some food truck operators running them with thousands of hours.
Not bad generators. I bought a good size one a few years back for my SIL to run a concrete grinder. Hasn't failed yet. Runs 2-3 days a week for 3-6 hrs a day. We also have a northern 13,000 that's been going strong for 7-8 yrs

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Lot to consider when talking about alternate power.

Well or city water?
Preserve food or total comfort?
etc.....

I have a well, refrigerator in the house and a freezer in the garage.
I have an old, loud, 3500 watt generator with a 220V receptacle.
During Irma we were without power for 4 days.
The genny kept the fridge, freezer, TV, and coffee maker running constantly.
Twice a day switch it to the well to flush commodes and fill water jugs.
Only lacked hot water, had to heat a pot on the gas grill for a hot sponge bath.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Anyone running a duel fuel/natural gas generator?
I'm thinking about buying one.