Strange Buried Bag Thing in County Park this morning

Heathern

BANNED
Ahhh - finally! I put that there a few weeks ago, in hopes that someone would find it, start really scratching their head, and start a thread about it on some internet forum. I was beginning to think nobody would ever find it. It is just some random weed I found in my yard. But at least I am famous now.

:D
just kidding

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Lol. They're soil tests to determine perk rates in the soil. Should be a subdivision fool of houses there before long

Dialer

Out flying my RC airplane one day, the darn thing got away from me. Went to conduct an intensive search the next day in the semi-thick wooded area, I came across a large industrial garbage bag that was very full of something. The greater part of me said to walk away, the other couldn’t resist. I reached my left hand into the bag and felt what seemed to be a human scalp!
In partial shock, I departed the area very quickly and got in my truck. I decided to not say anything because I just wasn’t sure, and didn’t want to look foolish in case it was a bag of squirrels or deer or something. A few days later, I see on local news where a body had indeed been found in that area in the plastic bag. Haven’t flown in THAT area again!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Out flying my RC airplane one day, the darn thing got away from me. Went to conduct an intensive search the next day in the semi-thick wooded area, I came across a large industrial garbage bag that was very full of something. The greater part of me said to walk away, the other couldn’t resist. I reached my left hand into the bag and felt what seemed to be a human scalp!
In partial shock, I departed the area very quickly and got in my truck. I decided to not say anything because I just wasn’t sure, and didn’t want to look foolish in case it was a bag of squirrels or deer or something. A few days later, I see on local news where a body had indeed been found in that area in the plastic bag. Haven’t flown in THAT area again!

And your prints were on the bag. :hair::hair::hair:

Whitefeather

Management Material
Somebody did a geotechnical investigation. The bags with soil in them are samples from that hole. Since they are on a road then I’d be inclined to think it was done with a drill rig to eliminate having to clear trees to get the rig around.
Most soil surveys for percolation tests are done with hand augers and only go down 2-5 ft and can be done anywhere.
Probably gonna be a serious construction project in the near future.