Stripers feeding close to the bank

Richf7

I was bank fishing with a plastic worm at Allatoona this morning around 6:30 AM and saw stripers circling baitfish and hitting the top less than 100‘ from shore. I left my top water lures at home and switched to a bucktail...had one good bite that broke off and landed a very small one on a white Rooster Tail. Once the sun hit the water the feeding frenzy stopped.

I always thought stripers were in deep water and have never seen them feeding so shallow. Was this unusual?

across the river

I was bank fishing with a plastic worm at Allatoona this morning around 6:30 AM and saw stripers circling baitfish and hitting the top less than 100‘ from shore. I left my top water lures at home and switched to a bucktail...had one good bite that broke off and landed a very small one on a white Rooster Tail. Once the sun hit the water the feeding frenzy stopped.

I always thought stripers were in deep water and have never seen them feeding so shallow. Was this unusual?

That is not unusual at all, on any lake in Georgia.

Richf7

And gone the next day.

jav

the largest striper i caught on Allatoona was in the very back of Stamp creek chasing shad in 2 ft of water

Hunter922

Throwing topwaters last week for spots and had a couple of large surprises.. One about 7 pounds and a few more in the 3 pound range...fun for sure...