Stupid Quota Hunt Questions

feathersnantlers

I was selected for the Coosawattee WMA hunt No. 11-13.

1. The regs say "Q35". Does that mean only 35 hunters were selected for the hunt?

2. This is a bonus deer hunt but up by the WMA title in the regs it has "Q". Does this mean quality buck only? If so is it 4 pts on 1 side or 14" inside spread?

3. Since it's bonus deer I can only kill a 1 quality buck and 1 doe, correct?

Gl4di4torRr

1. 35 people were selected for the hunt
2. The Q is for Quota hunt. The Regs have your hunt as "Q35 b Nov. 11-13". There is not distinction so it's an either-sex hunt per

"All deer hunts or seasons are either-sex unless otherwise noted in the area listing. On areas with antler restrictions in effect, all deer hunts are quality buck and antlerless unless otherwise noted in the area listing.
bonus deer hunts: No more than two (2) deer may be killed unless otherwise noted in area listing. On areas with antler restrictions in effect, no more than one (1) of the two (2) deer may be an antlered buck. Deer killed are not to be recorded on your deer harvest record or reported in Georgia Game Check. Deer are to be taken on day of kill to the check station where agency staff will tag the deer. Deer can be brought to the check station whole, field dressed, or quartered" (https://www.eregulations.com/georgia/hunting/public-hunting-opportunities).

3. The quote above should answer this question.

feathersnantlers

1. 35 people were selected for the hunt
2. The Q is for Quota hunt. The Regs have your hunt as "Q35 b Nov. 11-13". There is not distinction so it's an either-sex hunt per

"All deer hunts or seasons are either-sex unless otherwise noted in the area listing. On areas with antler restrictions in effect, all deer hunts are quality buck and antlerless unless otherwise noted in the area listing.
bonus deer hunts: No more than two (2) deer may be killed unless otherwise noted in area listing. On areas with antler restrictions in effect, no more than one (1) of the two (2) deer may be an antlered buck. Deer killed are not to be recorded on your deer harvest record or reported in Georgia Game Check. Deer are to be taken on day of kill to the check station where agency staff will tag the deer. Deer can be brought to the check station whole, field dressed, or quartered" (https://www.eregulations.com/georgia/hunting/public-hunting-opportunities).

3. The quote above should answer this question.

Thank you, I knew somebody on here could make sense of it. I re-read the regs and the Q for Quota and Quality Buck or different font Q's. Coosawattee is not Quality Buck. I hope to bonus limit out Thursday and then gun hunt Paulding on Friday.

Todd E

Look to see if it says sign in or check in for your quota hunt. Check in is freebie deer. Sign in....gotta use YOUR tags.