Suggestions Needed- Where to fish in South/Central Georgia on a February trip??

Benito

Hey Folks- My best friend and I are meeting in late February down in Unadilla/Vienna area for a BBQ deal, and are wanting to add a day or 2 of Bass Fishing to our trip. He’s driving from Charleston, SC, and I’m driving down from Birmingham.

Question- Where should we fish? We won’t have boats, and are open to a guided trip, or pay-to-fish places, just want to catch some Bass. Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated……Sinclair? Jackson? Somewhere else? Open to big or small water. Again, we won’t have boats…….(Lastly- I’ve been to Paradise in Tifton, do not want to go back there) Dates are February 23rd and 24th.

Thanks!!

Ben

BlackKnight755

You will only be a few miles from Lake Blackshear. See if you can find a guide in that area. Lake Blackshear is just west of Cordele a few miles. That would be my suggestion. The water temps will still be cool and the bass will more than likely want a slow bait. I would definitely want to be in a boat and a guide should be able to put you guys in some good spots. Just don't expect too much that time of year, maybe ask the guide if they do any crappie fishing as a backup target species. Good luck.

Benito

Thanks, folks. We’re also considering either Seminole or Lake Chickamauga, even though they’re much further. We only get to fish together once a year, so trying to get the best fishing we can…….

sportsman94

Seminole if you’re willing to travel and get a guide. Ocmulgee pfa is good and flat creek pfa is in central ga. There’s a pay lake/pond in elko, but I’m not sure if they have many bass or if it’s just panfish and catfish

JKat81

Chick or Seminole could both be phenomenal that time of the year. Check the Elite Series schedule as I know that they are scheduled to fish Seminole around that time. Wishin I were Fishing guide service on Chick seem to a great job putting their folks on fish. Check out their Facebook. I’ve had some friends fish with them and had great success for both numbers and size. I don’t think that you can go wrong either way. Chick will be prespawn then and I would think Seminole should be moving into the spawn around then, but someone on here is probably more qualified on Seminole than me. Good luck and be sure to update us on your trip!

seachaser

Just saying why not ask where to fishing anywhere in the south the 2 lakes are like 400 miles apart but both are great fishing. I would head to saltwater but that’s just me.

doomtrpr_z71

The salt would be my choice as well since you can get an awesome guide out of St marks for$400 and it's not that much further from dooly co.

Benito

Thanks folks, appreciate all the suggestions…..We’re leaning towards Lake Chickamauga, even though it’s far away (Seminole does have an Elite event those dates, otherwise we’d probably go there- thanks for the heads up!)

krisjack

Bad experience at Paradise PFA? I know fishing can be tough there as it has been a while since I have been there.

Benito

Yeah- It’s been years, but spent a 3 day weekend there in late February once, was REALLY bad. Very crowded, only caught 2 small Bass in 3 full days of fishing.